Jhon Durán

PieFacE

16 hours ago, ChesterDad said:

That’s a big shout imo - I never really thought of him as being a talented footballer - I can think of many players who were naturally more gifted that JPA. And being our 4th all time goal scorer is not a major feat given that 84 is the record although I would say he is much better than Gobby.

But football is all about opinions - this is just mine and is unlikely to be agreed with in many circles. I liked the way JPA played with a smile on his face mind.

Maybe a bit like Watkins his season where he was our top scorer with 16 league goals and at one stage was on track for 20 in the season (he did get over 20 in all comps) is underrated, we hardly ever have a player do it, sure in the PL era we've only had JPA, Benteke and Yorke do it, if he stays here for another 3 or 4 seasons Ollie will be top 5 in our PL scorer list yet more than half of our fan base don't rate him

I liked him, one of those players that even when he was struggling I wanted him to do well because like you say there was just something about him and his demeanour

Funnily enough I feel the same about Ollie, I want him to succeed

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Everyone needs to remember a few things about Duran:

1. MLS is in the middle of their offseason right now and he most likely isn't match fit
  2. MLS to the Premier League is like going from League 1 to the Prem, the pace is ridiculously fast and will take a while to adapt to
  3. He's only 19...  If he doesn't come off the bench and start banging in goals like Haaland doesn't mean he's a flop
  4. It'll most likely take at least a full season under Emery and in England for him to get adjusted to the country, the style of football, and the pace of the Prem

Way to balanced for VT. Please try again! :)

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, KMitch said:

1. MLS is in the middle of their offseason right now and he most likely isn't match fit
  2. MLS to the Premier League is like going from League 1 to the Prem, the pace is ridiculously fast and will take a while to adapt to
  3. He's only 19...  If he doesn't come off the bench and start banging in goals like Haaland doesn't mean he's a flop
  4. It'll most likely take at least a full season under Emery and in England for him to get adjusted to the country, the style of football, and the pace of the Prem

Seriously have to question his work ethic, he's basically worked a week in October, had all of November & December off and works a week in January. He'll be back on his holidays by the end of May. 

2 hours ago, Indigo said:

Already a winner. Not to put pressure on but I'd be stunned if he doesn't come off the bench and start banging in goals like Haaland immediately.

Emi Martinez is your answer there. The other team had Olsen in goal.

• Haha 1

On 25/01/2023 at 12:05, KMitch said:

Such tempering of expectations has no place here 😆

On 25/01/2023 at 12:05, KMitch said:

Definitely. Can’t see him playing much this season. A good 8 months training with the team though and maybe a few minutes off the bench will hopefully mean he’s ready to play more of a part next season. 

I still think we’ll go big on a striker in the Summer. 

On 24/01/2023 at 19:44, ChesterDad said:

That’s a big shout imo - I never really thought of him as being a talented footballer - I can think of many players who were naturally more gifted that JPA. And being our 4th all time goal scorer is not a major feat given that 84 is the record although I would say he is much better than Gobby.

But football is all about opinions - this is just mine and is unlikely to be agreed with in many circles. I liked the way JPA played with a smile on his face mind.

Gabby scored 74 😛

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

Gabby scored 74 😛

Sorry I thought it was 84  - I will happily stand corrected either way it’s totally embarrassing given the amount of games played and the guy likes  to dine out on it. If I were a striker I’d keep my mouth shut with this return.

Thanks 👍🏻

Â