Jhon Durán

PieFacE

It appears he offers a slightly different profile to Watkins and Ings so I think we'll see him make a few appearances from the bench this season. 

While it's good to have low intial expectations I recall Belgians posting on these forums not to expect too much of Benteke initially either - he was raw, had discipline issues etc.

He may just take to the Premiership like a duck to water -you never know.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Re work permit...Based on this thread. I make it...

6 points for joining from the MLS (band 4 league)

10 points for playing in 34% of Colombia's games over the last 12 months. 

1 extra point from joining from MLS and having played ~44% of minutes ( 1364/3060 minutes last season..May be higher if he missed minutes due to injury, not sure)

2 points from making a debut in a non-recognised league and being under 21

0 points from time in continental cups

0 points for league position of Chicago 

0 points for continental progression of Chicago 

For a total of 19 points vs the 15 required

On that basis,  he's comfortably getting a permit, using just the league we signed him from and his appearances for Colombia. 

Not sure about the international points - he's only played in friendlies for Colombia.

There might be points for youth appearances, though it's difficult to find this information.

2 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Not sure about the international points - he's only played in friendlies for Colombia.

There might be points for youth appearances, though it's difficult to find this information.

I don't think it matters whether they are friendlies or not - a cap is a cap.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, maqroll said:

I'm not so sure that Ollie gets a raw deal from fans. By and large the fans adore Ollie and have been really patient with him when he slips into his cold snaps. His work rate and hold up play have never been in doubt. Just his finishing. 

I love the guy and want him to stay and thrive, even if it means mostly coming off the bench.

If finishing was his only weakness then he'd have loads more supporters than he does. Unfortunately he has a few weaknesses.

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Very interesting signing if he is a striker for the future makes you wonder what the plan is for archer

big man, little man.....its on its way back.

21 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

If finishing was his only weakness then he'd have loads more supporters than he does. Unfortunately he has a few weaknesses.

He's 19.....just.

Its inevitable.He is still learning his trade, and his scoring record will be patchy accordingly, too.

it has no relevance to be looking for weaknesses at this stage....they are WIP.

Edited by TRO

31 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Very interesting signing if he is a striker for the future makes you wonder what the plan is for archer

If he does well on loan at Boro and they get promoted, I could see us selling Archer. Can always place a buy back clause.

Â