Best Villa Debut?

Follyfoot

14 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Milan Baros. 

Scored the winner 10 mins into his debut against Blackburn, I was right behind the goal. Remember coming away from the game super excited. 

God, he almost instantly went to the dogs after that game. 

Why is your second sentence a recurring theme for new signings...

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Ciaran Clark, 2-0 home debut against Fulham. Kept a clean sheet with not one single own goal or red card. Thought he looked class at the time 🤣

Still playing at Shef Utd now though. Felt sorry for him when he was the captain in our relegation season. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Also a quick mention here for the audible gasp of appreciation when Carlos Sanchez pinged a 30-yard pass on a sixpence. 

I still don't get why that transfer and Jean Makoun went wrong 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

I still don't get why that transfer and Jean Makoun went wrong 

My initial reaction to this post was that it's a pity we didn't sign Jean II Makoun.

It feels like he was an almost signing like Robbie Keane from Coventry or Benni McCarthy.

Anyway the answer to the thread is clearly Dion Dublin.

November-1998-Dion-Dublin-celebrating-af

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Ciaran Clark, 2-0 home debut against Fulham. Kept a clean sheet with not one single own goal or red card. Thought he looked class at the time 🤣

Remembered he had a few good games to start off with, but typically for us, he was there at the wrong time learning his trade mainly from Richard Numpty Dunne and James Collins, shame he would have been so much more if he was looking up to Mellberg/Laursen.

10 minutes ago, HongKongVillan said:

Remembered he had a few good games to start off with, but typically for us, he was there at the wrong time learning his trade mainly from Richard Numpty Dunne and James Collins, shame he would have been so much more if he was looking up to Mellberg/Laursen.

Curtis Davies and Ridgewell learned from them and Clark had the better career

7 hours ago, av1 said:

Petrov against West Ham was it? 

This is my answer. He looked absolutely unreal in that game. 

He finally came good for us after a slow start (after the debut) but I don’t think he ever matched that first game

7 hours ago, nick76 said:

Dean Saunders debut brace against his ex team Liverpool…one of my favourite games.

He made his debut at Leeds away the week before in a 1-1 draw. Garry Parker scored I think. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Xela said:

He made his debut at Leeds away the week before in a 1-1 draw. Garry Parker scored I think. 

Sorry I meant home debut…technically I’m wrong as debut but sod it, it’s his Villa Park debut and that counts right? 😉 you’re trying to ruin my lovely memory 😭😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â