Best Villa Debut?

Follyfoot

12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Was gonna say dublin. He was absolutely sensational on his first few games.

I remember one of the best modfield debuts id seen was stan petrov vs west ham he looked unbelievable in that game (i think that was the game they were debuting tevez and mashereno)

Didn't he have a scooped shot cleared off the line in that? Did play well.

8 minutes ago, VBM said:

I was going to mention this. I mean it might not have been the all time best, but I could not believe how good he looked in that game. Absolutely bossed it.  

It was so weird because he then went on a terrible run of form from his second match on.

It took a long period before he reinvented himself as a sitting midfielder in a successful partnership with Gareth Barry. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Didn't he have a scooped shot cleared off the line in that? Did play well.

Yea he did. I remember think man what a player we have here was thinking this guys gonna be absolutely brilliant for us. He was still good for us but not as good as i was hoping then unfortunately got very ill

• Like 1

Yeah, Petrov was the one that first came into my head - He was absolutely class that day. Was always a big fan of Stan though I think he divided opinions, at least in the early stages of his Villa career.

Was there for Luna debut at The Emirates - Can't really remember how well he played but won't forget his goal, sealing the match and the ensuing celebrations - great day out. 

Ron Atkinson - "Ron's Return" - Sheffield Wednesday 2 vs 3 Aston Villa. Two nil down to win 3-2. One of my favourite Villa games. 6 Debutants that day - Probably my picks being Steve Staunton and Dalian Atkinson (RIP) from memory. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:
1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

Carlton Cole actually had a good debut, I knew it was a one-off as I'd seen loads of him before he joined us.

2-0 against Palace was it not and he scored

Southampton and yeah he scored. I remember that match and actually came in here to say Carlton Cole. He looked very imposing and borderline unplayable that day. Showed what he was capable of, and then never showed it again.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Milan Baros. 

Scored the winner 10 mins into his debut against Blackburn, I was right behind the goal. Remember coming away from the game super excited. 

God, he almost instantly went to the dogs after that game. 

I thought he was Average in his first season but the second season by god one of the worst I’ve ever seen any Villa player have. 

6 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Milan Baros. 

Scored the winner 10 mins into his debut against Blackburn, I was right behind the goal. Remember coming away from the game super excited. 

God, he almost instantly went to the dogs after that game. 

I don't want to go full Roy Keane but I dont really get impressed by strikers scoring on debut unless it's a youth player

Just now, Zatman said:

I don't want to go full Roy Keane but I dont really get impressed by strikers scoring on debut unless it's a youth player

To be fair, I was 16 years old. And he did look good in that game. 

I've learnt my lesson, safe to say. 

Â