Best Villa Debut?

Follyfoot

4 hours ago, withes_shin said:

Nigel Callaghan

I'm pretty sure him and Ian Ormonroyd made their debuts on the same day, possibly against Sheffield Wednesday, maybe Wimbledon, not sure.

Callaghan was signed to supply the crosses for our forwards but on his debut he scored with a back post header himself.  Had a great game that day then like so many others mentioned above, he turned to shit.

Yes thought Callaghan was going to be a good signing after he had done so well at watford then I saw how slow he was. 

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Yes thought Callaghan was going to be a good signing after he had done so well at watford then I saw how slow he was. 

If I remember correctly Sticks was getting terrible abuse at this time, Callaghan had some form of altercation with a steward and was roundly booed off at half time and never came out for the second half - from this point on Sticks was given a second chance from the fans - based I think on the fact he never stopped trying 

Charlie Aitken...last game of the season 1959(my first VP experience) Aitken showing that WBs were still a thing back then! Aitken had a great engine (still my favourite ever Villa player).I think his debut was the great Johnie Dixon's last game in a Villa shirt....typing this really hits home how old I really am!!

Â