Best Villa Debut?

Follyfoot

Was discussing this last night, Didier Six comes to mind, was incredible against Manchester United 

Another that springs to mind was Simon Stainrods 4 goals at St James Park 

And who can forget Nil Lamptey's (the new Pele as he was billed) stunning hat trick against Wigan

All of which went on to achieve diddly squat in the future 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Follyfoot said:

Was discussing this last night, Didier Six comes to mind, was incredible against Manchester United 

Another that springs to mind was Simon Stainrods 4 goals at St James Park 

And who can forget Nil Lamptey's (the new Pele as he was billed) stunning hat trick against Wigan

All of which went on to achieve diddly squat in the future 

Did Benteke score on his debut?

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Did Benteke score on his debut?

Yes, Swansea at home, got the 2nd, first game my lads ever went to and hated it, both now season ticket holders 🤣

• Haha 1

Just now, Tom13 said:

Carlton Cole actually had a good debut, I knew it was a one-off as I'd seen loads of him before he joined us.

2-0 against Palace was it not and he scored

26 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Didn't Dion Dublin have a terrific first week, 2 goals a hat trick then 2 goals or have I completely made that up in my head ? :D 

Was gonna say dublin. He was absolutely sensational on his first few games.

I remember one of the best modfield debuts id seen was stan petrov vs west ham he looked unbelievable in that game (i think that was the game they were debuting tevez and mashereno)

Happier times for him but Leon Bailey's cameo against Everton was one of the most rock n roll 20 minutes I can remember.

Petrov also had an outstanding debut in a draw against West Ham.  Had one cleared off the line too.

EDIT: Leon's wasn't a debut was it.  Second appearance possibly.

Edited by Wainy316

18 minutes ago, av1 said:

Petrov against West Ham was it? 

I was going to mention this. I mean it might not have been the all time best, but I could not believe how good he looked in that game. Absolutely bossed it.  

• Like 3

Â