Mattéo Guendouzi

JayVTID

17 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Absolutely.  I mentioned this before. 

You don't announce you have £35m+ and then go and start signing players.  You get deals in place before you sell one of your assets for big money.

I remember Spur did this with Bale, they signed loads of players, then announced they had sold Bale.

Yeah except for the fact that the French press have been speculating for days that Guendouzi is attracting interest from us - and they won't have got that from anyone in Birmingham.

its very heartening to read the Marseille forum.

You go to the Guendouzi thread to see what they are saying, and you are met with chit chat about literally everything except comments about Guendouzi.......recruitment, leadership, the CEO, the directors, other players, profit on players, lack of profit on players, risks of players going on freebies, historic recruitment, the price of bread......

Made me feel right at home, just like Villa Talk, 5000 pages of old wives tales and nothing about the actual player 😆

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I’m guessing we are breaking £40m. Will be worth every penny. 

It'll probably be officially undisclosed, but the French leak everything.

I reckon £55m rising to £65m if we really get going.

• Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

its very heartening to read the Marseille forum.

You go to the Guendouzi thread to see what they are saying, and you are met with chit chat about literally everything except comments about Guendouzi.......recruitment, leadership, the CEO, the directors, other players, profit on players, lack of profit on players, risks of players going on freebies, historic recruitment, the price of bread......

Made me feel right at home, just like Villa Talk, 5000 pages of old wives tales and nothing about the actual player 😆

Yeah but were there any puns un poisson?

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Absolutely.  I mentioned this before. 

You don't announce you have £35m+ and then go and start signing players.  You get deals in place before you sell one of your assets for big money.

I remember Spur did this with Bale, they signed loads of players, then announced they had sold Bale.

Like we did with Grealish?

5 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

It'll probably be officially undisclosed, but the French leak everything.

I reckon £55m rising to £65m if we really get going.

You’re probably right in terms of numbers, especially as we triggered Merino’s £65m euro release clause. 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

He is good, but '65m good' ?! I would have thought 40m would be the top end and hope I'm right. 

Given how Chelsea continue to distort the market, I trust the fee however how large, will be worth it long term. 

24 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

He is good, but '65m good' ?! I would have thought 40m would be the top end and hope I'm right. 

Football and money is a mess.

We'll have had to go big to get them to sell when they're going to get in the Champions league.

Â