Mattéo Guendouzi

JayVTID

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

I get a sense that Guendouzi can come across as a dick because he is determined to win and doesn’t care who he pisses off to do that.

If that is the case, I’m all for us bringing in a competitive player that has a bit of an attitude.

Sounds like Roy Keane

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Not surprised. I very much doubt this one is close at all. Not a single report from anyone who is reputable as far as i'm aware. 

I think Alex Moreno played on the weekend before his move to here, so it’s not a huge indicator of how close we are to securing a deal with him. However I don’t think we are close to being at an advanced stage yet. 

1 hour ago, Tayls said:

Ashley Young did… James Milner..  didn’t Amavi play in the champions league for a bit??

They definitely went on to better. Sold cheaply though? Thought they were both fair.

Anyhow. Guendouzi doesn't excite me...but I'm all for signing ls that fit the 'plan' and end up making the sum greater than the parts. 

Just now, WallisFrizz said:

Why do you think we are being had?

I doubt he’d be starting if the rumours of us having been in some sort of contact with the player or club are true… it’s not impossible of course, but unlikely. 

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

I doubt he’d be starting if the rumours of us having been in some sort of contact with the player or club are true… it’s not impossible of course, but unlikely. 

Moreno played for Betis over the weekend 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Tayls said:

I think there is some truth to it but probably not that close and may not happen if valuations are too far apart/we have other targets we are also pursuing/he has other clubs also after him.

7 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Moreno played for Betis over the weekend 

Also not playing a player because there is interest would weaken your hand in negotiations. It means you don't want to risk him because you need to sell. 

• Like 1

Just now, CVByrne said:

Ah, Cahill and Albrighton prob only two that spring to mind. You could say Veretout, Gueye, Traore etc.. maybe

I think we either tend to get a reasonable price...or destroy a player as an asset completely so they leave for nothing 😂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, useless said:

Guendouzi isn't DM, he can play there, but would be more competition for McGInn as box-to-box midfielder. He scored five goals and provided fourteen assists last season.

14 assists is amazing in just over 30 games, sort of stuff Buendia should be getting close to.

Who's the Marseille CF finishing off all these chances? Maybe look to bring him in aswell.

• Like 1

Â