Harry Maguire

maqroll

All that's not say I think we should sign him, I just dont't think he's as bad as he's been made out to be. In of himself he's not a bad player, but there are other things to think about such as wages, age, how much of an improvement he is on what we already have, if any, and so on.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, useless said:

Sunday morning Maguire verdict here, he's always been someone I thought was unfairly maligned, someone who a lot of people criticize just because it seems to have become the done thing and so people jump on the bandwagon, and that's where I feel the comparisons to Mings are apt, as unfairly the same thing has happened to him, he'll get talked about by opposition fans as if he's some sort of a joke of a defender, a lot of them aren't making an informed judgement, just going along with what others say.

I don’t think that’s true at all. He’s made so many errors for Utd it’s crazy. He’s literally forced himself out of the team. They tried very very hard to let him play through a bad patch because they had a lot financially riding on him. Can’t criticise Utd except for massively overpaying for him in the first place. 

That said he has been very very good in the past and has also shown some good form with England. So like all the second hand strays we buy it’s whether he can rediscover the form with us.

Edited by villaglint

12 minutes ago, useless said:

Sunday morning Maguire verdict here, he's always been someone I thought was unfairly maligned, someone who a lot of people criticize just because it seems to have become the done thing and so people jump on the bandwagon, and that's where I feel the comparisons to Mings are apt, as unfairly the same thing has happened to him, he'll get talked about by opposition fans as if he's some sort of a joke of a defender, a lot of them aren't making an informed judgement, just going along with what others say.

He's the Carrot Top/Nickelback of the football world.  That said, if Emery wants him, I'll back him 100%...  Seem to recall another overrated Manchester United central defender with off the field problems and the wrong side of his prime doing very well for us ~30 years ago...

44 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

**** hell have you seen maguire try play it from the back? He us shocking.  Hell no from me

I think that's the only thing he's good at. It's his poor defending that's his issue

my mate texted me about this yesterday. some mate of his dad works for utd. i told him he was either winding me up or someone was winding him up. sounds like it has some legs to it

this deal makes literally zero sense. i think the guy is absolutely gash. people will say to trust lange/emery etc but i can't get behind this at all

1. Maguire is better than Mings so if he signed it would improve the squad. Does play the ball out well/is an England international.

2. I just don’t see his profile being what we are looking for: age, salary etc. (However we did just sign similar profile in Digne and Coutihno but I thought that was a Gerrard thing and we had snapped out of that?)

12 minutes ago, nick76 said:

It’s the one in Tamworth, I posted the pics on the last page.

Fig and Olive has bare brick walls, I was there just before Xmas unless it’s the foyer by the bar.

Just now, jim said:

Fig and Olive has bare brick walls, I was there just before Xmas unless it’s the foyer by the bar.

Look at page two of this thread of the pics.  I’ve seen several people post various pics of it from different angles, it has a mix of bare bricks walls and this wall there. I don’t think there is anything to this link but he looks like he definitely was there.  He probably has just played golf at the Belfry or something, that’s all.

• Like 2

Â