Harry Maguire

maqroll

Just now, fightoffyour said:

Stop trying to justify the merits of signing this clown, it's total nonsense.

To be fair I thought it was total nonsense that our board would hire Gerrard as our manager, I even laughed it off on this very forum when the links originally surfaced.  How wrong I was!  I don’t rule out almost anything these days.

On £190k at Man Utd. There’s better value elsewhere IMHO. Also he’s just as prone to brain farts as Mings has been, more so potentially.

Would much rather we went for someone like Schlotterbeck, Torres, N’Dicka (on a free), Inacio, Hincapie or even Lukeba at Lyon. 

8 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Stop trying to justify the "merits" of signing this clown, it's total nonsense.

I take your point, but if you asked any neutral about their club signing Mings, they’d call him a clown too. And he’s our best defender. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

I hope this happens just for the meltdown on here. 

Yeah you know what would happen, if we signed him, everybody will say it’s a fantastic signing including me…

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

**** hell have you seen maguire try play it from the back? He us shocking.  Hell no from me

I’m not a fan but Maguire often and well known for bringing it out from the back.  He may not pass well but he often takes the ball football.  We can criticise him being turned by defenders easily but can’t dismiss the attributes he does have.  Next I’ll be hearing he doesn’t head the ball well.  We can not want him but still think he’s good at certain things.

I am of the opinion that whoever Unai wants to bring in is good enough for me, whether that is Harry Maguire or anybody else. I trust his judgment 100%.
Also seeing how Unai has helped improve/resurrect the form of Konsa and Mings in such a short space of time, I have no doubt he could do the same for Harry Maguire.
If it’s affordable, then it’s a yes from me.

Edited by Woody1000
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, useless said:

Sunday morning Maguire verdict here, he's always been someone I thought was unfairly maligned, someone who a lot of people criticize just because it seems to have become the done thing and so people jump on the bandwagon, and that's where I feel the comparisons to Mings are apt, as unfairly the same thing has happened to him, he'll get talked about by opposition fans as if he's some sort of a joke of a defender, a lot of them aren't making an informed judgement, just going along with what others say.

Spot on which is why it’s better we don’t sign him. Could do with players without that stigma. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’m not a fan but Maguire often and well known for bringing it out from the back.  He may not pass well but he often takes the ball football.  We can criticise him being turned by defenders easily but can’t dismiss the attributes he does have.  Next I’ll be hearing he doesn’t head the ball well.  We can not want him but still think he’s good at certain things.

Would be nice to actually become a threat from corners.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Sunday morning Maguire verdict here, he's always been someone I thought was unfairly maligned, someone who a lot of people criticize just because it seems to have become the done thing and so people jump on the bandwagon, and that's where I feel the comparisons to Mings are apt, as unfairly the same thing has happened to him, he'll get talked about by opposition fans as if he's some sort of a joke of a defender, a lot of them aren't making an informed judgement, just going along with what others say.

Most defenders get unfairly criticised, even the previously untouchable VVD is getting criticism this season.  From the likes of Stones, Maguire, VVD, Mings etc, they all get bad press.  I think the only one currently is Chelsea’s Silva who doesn’t get criticised.

• Like 1

Â