Harry Maguire

maqroll

29 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Manchester United playing golf at the Belfry today 

Coming down here using our golf courses, piss off back to Manchester and use your own courses 🤣

27 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Is that even him? Can't see Emery wanting him tbh.

The guy in the cap is, the guy facing is his brother. I agree, unlikely Emery will be interested in him.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

It's the £80m price tag that has always weighed him down, he's just not that good of a player. People misconstrue that into him being horrible though, which he's not. For starters, he was excellent at Leicester, for where he was...which led to the transfer fee in the first place.

If we can get him on a loan with an option to buy for like £30m, that would actually be really good business. 

I think it’s more to do with Fred and McTom playing in front of him. They couldn’t keep the ball and meant the defence was under a lot more pressure. Casimero and Eriksen are a massive upgrade on them pair. 

There's no talk about this on Man Utd forum whatsoever, the only thing I can find is one of their fans speculating that we might be interested because Arsenal tried to sign him when Emery was their manager, but that was posted in the middle of last week, not as a reaction to these rumours.

2 minutes ago, useless said:

There's no talk about this on Man Utd forum whatsoever, the only thing I can find is one of their fans speculating that we might be interested because Arsenal tried to sign him when Emery was their manager, but that was posted in the middle of last week, not as a reaction to these rumours.

Seem to be quite a few on Twitterverse talking about it, so I’m surprised whatever forum you are looking at isn’t mentioning the rumour.  I assume there are several forums anyway just like Villa so if it’s on our VT, it’s likely to be discussed somewhere on theirs whether there is any truth in it or not.

3 hours ago, nick76 said:

I’m not a fan but Maguire often and well known for bringing it out from the back.  He may not pass well but he often takes the ball football.  We can criticise him being turned by defenders easily but can’t dismiss the attributes he does have.  Next I’ll be hearing he doesn’t head the ball well.  We can not want him but still think he’s good at certain things.

Don't see how he fits into the high line we're now playing every match.

Mings is much quicker on the turn than he is.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Any reason why Man U would sell Maguire in January? They are rather thin at CB as it is.

It would be very strange if they left themselves with varane who’s made of glass, lindelof who’s 4th choice and Martinez. And they’ve come out and said they’re not signing anyone 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Any reason why Man U would sell Maguire in January? They are rather thin at CB as it is.

Glazers want out. Assume they need money to fund moves for players considering they are unlikely to invest.

I agree it feels unlikely but suppose it depends how much they need the cash

Just now, IrishVilla10 said:

It would be very strange if they left themselves with varane who’s made of glass, lindelof who’s 4th choice and Martinez. And they’ve come out and said they’re not signing anyone 

Luke Shaw played LCB for last three games and they've kept three clean sheets (probably more due to Casemiro). If Luke Shaw is playing ahead of you out of position it's time to move on.

Don't Leicester want him back with all the goals they concede from corners?

6 minutes ago, useless said:

'Redcafe' is the main Man Utd forum as far as I'm aware, I've looked in the Harry Maguire thread where they're talking about him, but no mention of these latest rumours linking him to us, and no mention of it in the general transfer thread.

Redcafe? Are you sure, it’s a fairly inactive forum for such a big fan base if I compare to VillaTalk activity having just looked at it.

2 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I think he's better than Bednarek so if we are replacing his loan I could see it happening.  I thought he had a pretty good world cup as well.  We also don't know how Carlos's recovery is going.

He isn't leaving the Man. United subs bench to join another on loan.

He's going somewhere to play every week.

Â