Harry Maguire

maqroll

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Maguire + Emery high line = suicide 

Mate, Emery’s hair is receding but a bit harsh to call it a high line….you were just treated too well with Gerrard’s fine mop of hair 😉

29 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Can’t believe we are starting threads now because of betting odds 

Probably better than some of the shit articles we start threads over. I’ve never seen the odds this low and it not happen. 

I don’t want us to sign him because it will impact the feel good factor amongst fans at the moment. 

• Like 1

My family is full of scumchester utd fans so I’ve had to watch nearly every game. In the last two seasons Slabhead has regressed badly. Whereas previously it was banter more about his price he was solid, quick, decisive , positionally sound and strong. His passing and ball carrying (😉) was very good too. 

last two seasons he’s become a cartoon defender. Slow, ponderous, passing poor , turning circle of an oil tanker, mistiming tackles. He’s a poor player now. 

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t want us to sign him because it will impact the feel good factor amongst fans at the moment. 

I’m not sure it will impact the feel good factor. If he signs, fans will welcome him with open arms.  Yes not a Kamara like signing ie young and all that but he’s a player of pedigree, who’s just really struggling.  Emery takes in rejects and transforms them.  I don’t believe anybody thinks Maguire is a bad egg that will effect the feel good factor.

4 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

My family is full of scumchester utd fans so I’ve had to watch nearly every game. In the last two seasons Slabhead has regressed badly. Whereas previously it was banter more about his price he was solid, quick, decisive , positionally sound and strong. His passing and ball carrying (😉) was very good too. 

last two seasons he’s become a cartoon defender. Slow, ponderous, passing poor , turning circle of an oil tanker, mistiming tackles. He’s a poor player now. 

He has always looked good for England to be fair. Maybe just maybe if he had Casimero and Eriksen in front of him instead of Fred and McTom the defence wouldn’t have been under so much pressure. Pretty sure United fans would’ve said the same about Rashford over the last 2 seasons. That being said I don’t think we are in for him. 

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

We should be looking at signing a CB between the age of 23-26, with a higher ceiling than Mings so he can eventually replace him. Not someone the same age who isn’t much better IMO.

i don't think we should be signing a CB anyway. konsa and mings are both better than him and carlos is on his way back

if we're signing him as emergency back up then at a push i'd admit he's probably better than chambers

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

There is no metric I can think of which would make this signing make any sort of sense.

Absolute bollox.

Wages alone kill this.

i guess it sounds like bednerek is going back to southampton so we need another back up. if that's all this deal is and we're not paying his full wages then fine

guessing emery doesn't rate chambers and carlos is still not ready

9 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i don't think we should be signing a CB anyway. konsa and mings are both better than him and carlos is on his way back

if we're signing him as emergency back up then at a push i'd admit he's probably better than chambers

Mings and Carlos will need to be replaced eventually, they’re both 30. And we can always get an upgrade on Konsa.

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

so the tier 1 report of this transfer is a picture, of a guy, in a cap, in a bar, which may or may not be near Birmingham?

thats worth its own thread?

Oh come on, that’s BS.  It’s definitely Maguire in the Fig and Olive in Tamworth.  The rest is speculation with no foundation.

Edited by nick76

29 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’m not sure it will impact the feel good factor. If he signs, fans will welcome him with open arms.  Yes not a Kamara like signing ie young and all that but he’s a player of pedigree, who’s just really struggling.  Emery takes in rejects and transforms them.  I don’t believe anybody thinks Maguire is a bad egg that will effect the feel good factor.

I mean the feel good factor on Villa Talk. We’re finally all United 🤣 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

so the tier 1 report of this transfer is a picture, of a guy, in a cap, in a bar, which may or may not be near Birmingham?

thats worth its own thread?

my mate texted me about it before the pic came out having been told about it by someone who works for utd. i laughed at him. definitely sounds like there's something in this.

Â