Harry Maguire

maqroll

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

I’m not a fan but Maguire often and well known for bringing it out from the back.  He may not pass well but he often takes the ball football.  We can criticise him being turned by defenders easily but can’t dismiss the attributes he does have.  Next I’ll be hearing he doesn’t head the ball well.  We can not want him but still think he’s good at certain things.

But you acknowledge that maguire cant pass so imagine having him and konsa teying to pass it around at the back? That would be frightening to watch. He doesnt have the attributes i like in a cb

I just dont think this would be  a good signing at all. Its not a good fit

56 minutes ago, thunderball said:

1. Maguire is better than Mings so if he signed it would improve the squad. Does play the ball out well/is an England international.

2. I just don’t see his profile being what we are looking for: age, salary etc. (However we did just sign similar profile in Digne and Coutihno but I thought that was a Gerrard thing and we had snapped out of that?)

Is he? I dont think he is. Both prone to making poor errors but good in the air but can be clumsy. I literally think they are about the same

One thing i would say when maguire and imgs played cb for england together they looked a decent pairing

1 minute ago, useless said:

Probably can forget about this, Maguire apparently playing golf at the Belfry with some of the other 'United' players.

Thanks to the lord in heaven for this info. 

Would rather watch 90 mins at St Andrews than sign Maguire. Just for the mockery it would bring alone its not worth it. 

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Is he? I dont think he is. Both prone to making poor errors but good in the air but can be clumsy. I literally think they are about the same

One thing i would say when maguire and imgs played cb for england together they looked a decent pairing

I am basically of the same view, they are very similar and both allow errors to detract from their merits. Maguire low-lights reel looks worse, but he is higher profile and has more detractors who make an effort to edit these videos and circulate them. But when Mings was in the England set up I did notice that Maguire was a little more complete and more assured in possession. It’s that fine a margin for me.

For what he would cost I would hope we tried a little harder.

This might be unpopular, but he's a decent defender that is more than good enough to do a job for a club in our position

It's laughable that he's the captain of Manchester United and an ever-present for England, but he wouldn't be the figure of fun that he is if he was just playing at his level which probably is a mid table PL club.

I'd imagine there's better value in the market than trying to sign their captain with 2 and a half years left on his contract, unless they're incredibly keen to move him on. He's also rumoured to be on 200k a week, and he's nowhere near good enough to smash our wage structure for.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’m not sure it will impact the feel good factor. If he signs, fans will welcome him with open arms.  Yes not a Kamara like signing ie young and all that but he’s a player of pedigree, who’s just really struggling.  Emery takes in rejects and transforms them.  I don’t believe anybody thinks Maguire is a bad egg that will effect the feel good factor.

The Greek judicial system think Maguire is a bad egg 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This thread should've been locked immediately. We just starting threads with betting odds now? Wtf.

The 3 other player threads are started with Villareport tweets and a selection of Birmingham Mail/Daily Mail too. Standards are way down 😭

Edited by HalfTimePost

51 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Also if there is any truth in this, Maguire wouldn’t come unless he was guaranteed to play.  Another reason why this would make it nonsense

He starts beside Mings. And Mings and Maguire has a ring to it, sounds like a 80s cop duo 

4 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

This thread should've been locked immediately. We just starting threads with betting odds now? Wtf.

The 3 other player threads are started with Villareport tweets and a selection of Birmingham Mail/Daily Mail too. Standards are way down 😭

The daily mail (Tom C), is one of our most accurate, ITK reporters. Villareport, when not making up total bollocks 🥁, always tweets out reputable sources. 

Lee Kang-in, Moleiro and Morelo are all decent links. I imagine we’ll end up signing at least one of these. The Maguire link is just a screenshot of some betting odds and him having a beer in a pub. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WHY said:

Last time we signed a Centre Half from Manchester United at the same age he tuned out to be the best player I have ever witnessed playing for our great club. 

Yeah, but McGrath had no resale value so it was c complete waste of money. Taylor out. 

The Fig and Olive is definitely used by Villa. That's where Smith and Terry were photographed a couple of years ago with an unidentified character rumoured to be a signing. 

My guess is that Maguire has been playing Golf at The Belfrey and has asked Mings to recommend somewhere nearby that's good the eat at. 

• Like 1

Â