Álex Moreno

Delphinho123

36 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Considering it’s a position we spent so much money on last January it’s evidence of how much Emery is going to be back

Yeah I guess (or hope) this means the club are either content at the idea of having Digne as more of a sub player, having spent £25m on him and on very high wages, or they are confident they can move him on.

If they can make they financial side of it work, I’m fine with either option.

Transfermarkt has him down playing mostly as a left-back over the last three or four seasons, and I've seen lots quotes stating that he's been one of the best left-backs in La Liga, even his highlight's video is mostly defensive highlights. He might play further forward on occassion, but I doubt we're signing him primarily as a winger. We will sign another forward in addition to this player I imagine.

6 hours ago, TRO said:

Is he that much better than Lucas Digne or Matt Target?....just asking.

Well, I do think having a fullback who can dribble will add a dimension to our attack that we've not had for a long time.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, useless said:

Transfermarkt has him down playing mostly as a left-back over the last three or four seasons, and I've seen lots quotes stating that he's been one of the best left-backs in La Liga, even his highlight's video is mostly defensive highlights. He might play further forward on occassion, but I doubt we're signing him primarily as a winger. We will sign another forward in addition to this player I imagine.

We intend to play a high defensive line so need quick defenders.

20 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Yeah I guess (or hope) this means the club are either content at the idea of having Digne as more of a sub player, having spent £25m on him and on very high wages, or they are confident they can move him on.

If they can make they financial side of it work, I’m fine with either option.

Digne screams "off to the Saudi League at some point" to me

• Like 2

Our FFP position isn't great,  and this signing won't help that. At least he's relatively cheap in this day and age, and hopefully we give him a more sensible salary than we've been dishing out of late.

Digne is going nowhere. He'll take his 160k a week until he retires to the Saudi league who are the only clubs that will offer him a similar wage.

Hopefully we make it to the top 7 soon or we're in trouble with continued signings like this.  Of course, if we do make it to the top 7, and Emery thinks this signing is critical to us getting there, then we have to trust the manager and hope it works. 

15 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Well, I do think having a fullback who can dribble will add a dimension to our attack that we've not had for a long time.

what about one who can stop crosses in to the box?....can he do that?

10 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Our FFP position isn't great,  and this signing won't help that. At least he's relatively cheap in this day and age, and hopefully we give him a more sensible salary than we've been dishing out of late.

Digne is going nowhere. He'll take his 160k a week until he retires to the Saudi league who are the only clubs that will offer him a similar wage.

Hopefully we make it to the top 7 soon or we're in trouble with continued signings like this.  Of course, if we do make it to the top 7, and Emery thinks this signing is critical to us getting there, then we have to trust the manager and hope it works. 

How so if you don’t mind me asking? How can Chelsea drop 270 million in the summer and were planning to spend 160 odd this window too? 
Is there any chance Moreno is the advanced winger emery’s talking about, with Digne staying at left back? 

Edited by IrishVilla10

1 minute ago, IrishVilla10 said:

How so if you don’t mind me asking? How can Chelsea drop 270 million in the summer and were planning to spend 160 odd this window too? 
Is there any chance Moreno is the advanced winger emery’s talking about, with Digne staying at left back? 

If he is then I'd take it. We need a left winger more than anything else. Doesn't look like he's ever played left wing, but maybe he's competent enough to play there.

I'm basing my opinion on our FFP position at the end of last season, and our signings since. Although i just noticed we published our accounts. For 21/22 and they show a huge profit..  so we may be better off than I fear. 

6 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I'm not sure about that.

You might be right!

If you are, then I don't have too many concerns, but we do need to blend 29 Yr old signings with 21-24 Yr old signings. 

Kang-in Lee would be ideal to complement this signing for example. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

I'm no guru when it comes to FFP, but the fact that Chelsea's revenue is currently 3 times Aston Villa's might help. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Aren’t they offering some ridiculous 7 years contracts or something?

• Like 1

Â