Álex Moreno

Delphinho123

20 hours ago, I Make Pies said:

What I said may very well be porkies as I don't speak a word of Spanish! (I used google translate)

No idea if he is better but it seems he is more like a little Spanish winger with pace and dribbling skills who plays left back rather than someone who likes to whip crosses in like Digne.

Alano  Wrightio

54 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

The part showing how different Villarreal played in Europe under Emery is interesting, people perceive him to be a negative manager but he’s anything but that as we’ve seen with exciting positive football so far in to his villa career, it was a matter of must in the europa league and champions league because on paper his side had no business challenging for trophies let alone winning them.

yeah he does seem to have two core tactics, one versus similar/lower teams, and one versus better teams.

Looking at how we have done, it seems we are currently more comfortable with the more defensive tactic, but not quite so comfortable with the higher line/more progressive one, but thats prob due to the fact that we need more technical/intelligent players to play the higher line.

Seems to me that this window Emery is looking for the players to suit the more progressive style (progressive left back/left midfielder, winger, maybe striker etc).

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

TBF didn't Target start the cup tie at Man. United and then he left a few days later for Newcastle so it's feasible we could sign him in next few days.

Targett left on deadline day I believe

• Thanks 1

I wonder, could we have a repeate of last season, Digne going on loan, I don't think either Digne or Moreno will want to back up at their age so likely Digne will leave either this window or summer, might better to let him go on loan do well and get some money for him. I'd still let Ludwig go as well, Ashley Young can be back up left-back for the rest of the season.

4 minutes ago, useless said:

I wonder, could we have a repeate of last season, Digne going on loan, I don't think either Digne or Moreno will want to back up at their age so likely Digne will leave either this window or summer, might better to let him go on loan do well and get some money for him. I'd still let Ludwig go as well, Ashley Young can be back up left-back for the rest of the season.

Doesn't that leave us a little short at right back though? Especially if Cash is injured.

Young can be back-up to both right and left back, if both fullbacks are injured at the same time then that's bad luck, if that happens then someone like Konsa can play right-back, or Chambers.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Young can be back-up to both right and left back, if both fullbacks are injured at the same time then that's bad luck, if that happens then someone like Konsa can play right-back, or Chambers.

You have been a Villa supporter for long enough to know that statements like that are a red rag to a bull!

17 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Welcome to the club🇪🇸

Looks like Lyric was right yet again. Ludwig Augustinsson gets injured and we're straight there to get the replacement in. 

Lyric said we're not buying anyone in this window.  Only potential loans.

I think after yesterday this transfer will develop very quickly this week.

Wouldn't shock me if he starts v Leeds if we can get the clearance through in time although Southampton away probably is more likely.

Not travelling to Saudi Arabia suggests this will be completed very soon anyway rather than towards end of the month.

12 minutes ago, useless said:

This. I don't think we can afford to have a player on 160k a week sat on our bench.
If a suitable offer comes in for Ings, Digne or Coutinho, we should be seriously looking at it. 

22 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Welcome to the club🇪🇸

Looks like Lyric was right yet again. Ludwig Augustinsson gets injured and we're straight there to get the replacement in. 

lol, you really are an interesting soul. You know full well that everything you just said is just complete nonsense. 

I admire your persistence though. You will NOT have a bad word said about your alterego Lyric. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â