Gerard Deulofeu

Tom13

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

he isnt injured or something is he?

he went off injured in the last game on 12th Nov?

I don't know. Just thought it was interesting he wasn't involved. I assume Udinese coach was asked where he was in post match conference.

Perhaps we need to look elsewhere if we're attempting to sign someone who's been out for last 8 weeks as that's always a risk and wait until the summer.

I hope that this is true as I thought the player was a very special talent and could do a lot better when he was at Watford.   I hope he is an even better player now.  Injured though?

Nice write up on here, quotes from Emery on him as well. 

https://www.toffeeweb.com/players/profiles/Deulofeu.php

© 1994 - 2023 ToffeeWeb.com

Gerard Deulofeu 7

It was quite a coup when Everton were able to confirm that Barcelona wonderkid, Gerard Deulofeu, was going to be spending a whole season on loan with Everton — thanks in no small part to Roberto Martinez's Catalan connections.

The key for us to break down these low block defences is players taking on the opponent, beating the man and that creates the space and chances. The issue we've had is that we don't have big players who can score from crosses into the box. We don't have the across the board talent the top sides have to move and pass quickly to unlock defences. We need players like Deloufeu, Bailey, Ramsey, Moreno who will run with the ball, attracts opposition to them, beat a man and get a pass, cut back, shot away. If these types of players are also very quick they also offer a lot in terms of counter attacking football in games when we are defending more.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Â