January Transfers 2023

sne

On 08/01/2023 at 09:45, MachoFantastico said:

Every January I'm reminded how delusional some football fans can be. 

You only have to check out the transfer thread in the main forum for proof!

:trollface:

Liam Delap has gone on loan to Preston, will be interesting to see his impact and their comments compared to archer

Schjelderup has gone to benfica for 14m€ which is depressing because you know he'll be linked with a £60m transfer to spurs in 18 months such is the PL

Theyve also signed tengstedt from rosenborg for 7m

What's this fascination with Mario Lemina?

Goes to Southampton, looks average, team nearly gets relegated.

Goes to Fulham, looks average, team looks average.

Wolves decide he must be signed even though he's not better than any of Moutinho-Neves-Matheus.

Bizarre.

42 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Wolves decide he must be signed even though he's not better than any of Moutinho-Neves-Matheus.

Bizarre.

I wonder who his agent is.

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Bizarre.

We've been using a young lad (Joe Hodge) to fill a gap in recent weeks due to injuries and the inability of Moutinho to last 90 minutes of a pressing game. I would imagine that Lemina will move above Hodge in the pecking order. 

2 hours ago, Baldricks Cunning Plan said:

We've been using a young lad (Joe Hodge) to fill a gap in recent weeks due to injuries and the inability of Moutinho to last 90 minutes of a pressing game. I would imagine that Lemina will move above Hodge in the pecking order. 

Good young player you have there. 

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Ziyech to Newcastle apparently. Will be a good signing imo. 

They want McTominay aswell.

Probably smart move to get a couple of players who are used to playing in CL regularly if they qualify and make their squad stronger overall for the run in.

Also seen Arsenal want Declan Rice @villa4europe

8 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

They want McTominay aswell.

Probably smart move to get a couple of players who are used to playing in CL regularly if they qualify and make their squad stronger overall for the run in.

Also seen Arsenal want Declan Rice @villa4europe

Both of them are nonsense paper talk, mctominay is better than longstaff but nowhere near good enough for where they're heading, he wouldn't get in our midfield, ziyech is interesting cos that suggests Newcastle know what an opportunity they've got, he'd be a squad player in 18 months but he could just push them over the line in 5

Rice to arsenal is bollocks, not only is he not good enough he doesn't suit them in the slightest, £80m? That's baiting Chelsea in to making a knee jerk £120m offer

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Managed 10 straight years in the PL after being signed from Crewe, solid professional who never deserved the vitriol he got at times while here. Of all the problems at the club when we got relegated, he was about the least of them.

Good luck to him, I know he suffered a pretty horrific injury a while back, and must be coming towards the twilight of his career now

He was a nice guy and good attitude I'm sure but the fact we were happy with a midfielder who got literally an annual goal and assist, not to mention those infuriating floated corners just shows how absolutely pathetically crap we were in the mid-10's

5 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

He was a nice guy and good attitude I'm sure but the fact we were happy with a midfielder who got literally an annual goal and assist, not to mention those infuriating floated corners just shows how absolutely pathetically crap we were in the mid-10's

The mid-10’s…. A truly epic decline.

4 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Wasn't exactly the job of our sitting midfielder to get loads of goals and assists, and the floated corners were a deliberate tactic as requested by Benteke (agree they were infuriating for the most part). We were crap, but of all the crap in our squad around that time he was way down the list for me - very few of our players remained in the PL after relegation.

Anyway this has all been done to death, hence his thread being locked. So will leave it there

Â