January Transfers 2023

sne

8 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

What’s Lange got to do with this? That’s demonstrably unfair 

I just thought a Danish Sporting Director would have some inside knowledge on one of the biggest Scandanavian talents playing in Denmark.

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I just thought a Danish Sporting Director would have some inside knowledge on one of the biggest Scandanavian talents playing in Denmark.

I think he will, you'd like to think our scouting network know about 95% of europe

But then convincing him to join us or being able to do a deal is something different

I think I'm more glass half full and don't like to blame the club when we miss out on someone, use Alvarez as an example I'd like to believe that it was his decision not to join us rather than our decision not to sign him

As Swede I'd be delighted if we could get Roony Bardghji from FCK since he's almost as bright a talent as Schjelderup. But Lange would have just as difficult with him even if he could get a WP.

57 minutes ago, sne said:

As Swede I'd be delighted if we could get Roony Bardghji from FCK since he's almost as bright a talent as Schjelderup. But Lange would have just as difficult with him even if he could get a WP.

Not heard of him before.  The work permits could be an issue, but you can always loan the player back until they are eligible for a WP.

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

How much money have they spent now? And how many players have they? They can still only register 25 players right?

So far in January it's "only" €50m. 

Badaishile and Fofana.

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

How much money have they spent now? And how many players have they? They can still only register 25 players right?

£330m spent so far over the summer and Jan window.

I think its a fair bet they will spend upwards of £400m by the end of the Jan window.

1.7b spent in the last decade, although tbf they have made 1b in outgoings, so a £700m net spend over a decade, not quite as mad overall.

Edited by MaVilla

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Not heard of him before.  The work permits could be an issue, but you can always loan the player back until they are eligible for a WP.

Turned 17 in November. Been injured at the start of the season but has 3 goal and 1 assist in 330 minutes over 9 appearances in Denmark. Started the last couple games now that he's back to fitness.

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

£330m spent so far over the summer and Jan window.

I think its a fair bet they will spend upwards of £400m by the end of the Jan window.

I wonder could we get Conor Gallager?  Feel like he would be decent in Emery's system.

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Turned 17 in November. Been injured at the start of the season but has 3 goal and 1 assist in 330 minutes over 9 appearances in Denmark. Started the last couple games now that he's back to fitness.

He's awesome on FM23!

• Haha 1

Just now, duke313 said:

I wonder could we get Conor Gallager?  Feel like he would be decent in Emery's system.

eh, i dunno, the price for him would have the top 6 tax, although he is a good player im sure Emery knows bagloads of foreign players just as good as him for a 1/4 of the price?

8 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

eh, i dunno, the price for him would have the top 6 tax, although he is a good player im sure Emery knows bagloads of foreign players just as good as him for a 1/4 of the price?

As @villa4europe has said, these young English players at Chelsea are now getting pushed to the wayside.  Chalobah and Gallagher would be decent acquisitions for a lot of teams and could probably get them slightly cheaper if the push for moves.

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Badiashile pushes chalobah towards the door too wouldn't he?

3 x English youth players who came up through their youth system pushed out as they splash the cash around europe

That'll be sarr not making it there too, maybe Colwill as well

Chalobah was playing plenty under Tuchel, don't think he even lost in his first 20 starts for them.

Surprised Potter dosen't rate him much as could still put a back 3 out if he was.

Â