World Cup: Matches

Genie

1 minute ago, HKP90 said:

For all the 'discussions' of GS's ideologies, the tactics have been spot on for this type of game. Credit where it's due. 

Told my missus I'll give Boregate another 5 minutes before I start ranting but I've had to keep quiet so fair play. We've looked good BUT it's Iran and we should be thrashing them.

Just now, birdman said:

Told my missus I'll give Boregate another 5 minutes before I start ranting but I've had to keep quiet so fair play. We've looked good BUT it's Iran and we should be thrashing them.

True, but how many times have we seen sides that dig in like this restrict chances and be difficult to break down. Three goals in the first half against that approach is decent imo. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, magnkarl said:

So far it's Democracies 1 - 0 Totalitarian Shitholes. Hoping that the lead will be increased to 2-0 today.

Still not watching it. Just enjoying all the backlash said shitholes are getting.

The fact that Mark Corrigan is your avatar means I always reads your posts in his voice.  It really adds something special to this one.

• Haha 2

Just now, HKP90 said:

True, but how many times have we seen sides that dig in like this restrict chances and be difficult to break down. Three goals in the first half against that approach is decent imo. 

The quality of the goals were excellent  which is positive. Iran haven't actually been that bad either.

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Haven't been able to watch the game but apparently Maguire is having an absolute Stormer! 😮

Let's see what he's like when he has to defend.

A menace from set pieces though so worth it in these games.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Haven't been able to watch the game but apparently Maguire is having an absolute Stormer! 😮

He has got on the end of a couple of corners and didn’t score either, but went close. 

He hasn’t needed to defend yet.

• Like 1

Just got going this morning. So Shitgate's England is going to smash smaller teams and then fail when they meet a half decent team again.

Sterling, Mount, Shaw, Maguire? lol - all terribly out of form. Whatever, it's all been said - I have zero interest. 

Bring back Emery-ball Villa.

Just now, TheAuthority said:

Just got going this morning. So Shitgate's England is going to smash smaller teams and then fail when they meet a half decent team again.

Sterling, Mount, Shaw, Maguire? lol - all terribly out of form. Whatever, it's all been said - I have zero interest. 

Bring back Emery-ball Villa.

Nothing says “I have zero interest” quite like an analysis of the team performance and some player ratings in the match thread 😉 

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Nothing says “I have zero interest” quite like an analysis of the team performance and some player ratings in the match thread 😉 

Dave - I wasn't offering any analysis - just noting that they'd been picked when they've been crap for their clubs.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e476i3hyj38uralsdo01f

• Haha 1

Just now, TheAuthority said:

Dave - I wasn't offering any analysis - just noting that they'd been picked when they've been crap for their clubs.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e476i3hyj38uralsdo01f

Commenting on the game and the players, but have zero interest 

4:0