World Cup: Matches

Genie

38 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

In fairness, if we don't win something in the next few years we never will. This is the most talented England squad in my lifetime. 

Best midfield and attack we've ever had. Defense centrally not as strong and we haven't had a real goalkeeper for ages. 

We should just go for it but Southgate against the better teams will be too conservative and it's not our best suit.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I heard the one about playing with the lion, going in a Lambo etc. I didn't believe them to be honest.

They actually have video of them at the Palace and with the lion as well.

One thing however is that... i'm not sure it was a good look to let it be known that the sheikh sorted them with beers. lol

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Got to have a little playful dig at some of you.

I'm quite happy that it seems, the more fans that have arrived... The more media coverage there is of them saying ( As I knew it would happen ) that they are pleasantly surprised and are actually having a blast.

Seems some say they were really apprehensive based on all the media but it's been totally different. ( As I've been repeatedly telling people it was.

This is one of many hilarious but fun stories coming out.

When it comes to the Qatari team they can't win... Partially because they are shite.. and partially because even if they were to win a match people would say the match was fixed. Lol

Thousands locked out of the stadium today due to issues with the ticketing app. That would be annoying if you’d made the trip for just this game. Not sure how long it took to get them all inside.

The other thing I don’t understand, Qatar are reported to have spent around £200b putting this on…. why are they taking the piss with pricing of basic food, drink and accommodation? It’s a drop in the ocean. Why not just give it away or sell it at cost price?

I can understand the reluctance to discount alcohol from their side but everything else I don’t get.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

, Qatar are reported to have spent around £200b putting this on….

Thing is, that's a false narrative.

The 200 billion has been part of a total fund for " vision 2030 " infrastructure and multiple projects.

The World Cup is just one part of that.

Not sure about ticketing etc as I legit haven't had time to enjoy any of the festivities myself yet.

Cheaper beers can be found if you know where to look.

Some of the venues have actually decided to not fleece and keep their prices the same.

Some locals have actually vowed not to go back to bars which have taken the piss during thew month.

One of the bars we usually use for Villa " Away games : has hiked up the prices and people are pissed.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

Thousands locked out of the stadium today due to issues with the ticketing app. That would be annoying if you’d made the trip for just this game. Not sure how long it took to get them all inside.

The other thing I don’t understand, Qatar are reported to have spent around £200b putting this on…. why are they taking the piss with pricing of basic food, drink and accommodation? It’s a drop in the ocean. Why not just give it away or sell it at cost price?

I can understand the reluctance to discount alcohol from their side but everything else I don’t get.

Cos Fifa will be getting a cut of in-stadium sales?

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Thing is, that's a false narrative.

The 200 billion has been part of a total fund for " vision 2030 " infrastructure and multiple projects.

The World Cup is just one part of that.

Not sure about ticketing etc as I legit haven't had time to enjoy any of the festivities myself yet.

You going over there JV?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I live in Qatar mate, have done for ages lol.

Oh yeah, I just noticed your location in your header. What a dullard. 

Hope you enjoy the festivities, bud. 

I had a look on Chukwuemeka's thread and hardly anyone was calling him a generational talent, just one poster and that was someone who says it jokingly about all our youngsters, most of the other uses of the word 'generational' were either used in reference to Bellingham again because Chukwuemeka was unfairly being compared to him, or posters using it to say that Chukwuemka isn't generational, as if an academy player needs to be rated as such to be seen as highly rated.

Using Bellingham's performance today to have a dig at other academy players who haven't achieved as much as him is just silly and nonsensical, especially when it's aimed at Chukwuemeka, one of the most highly rated youth players in the country, and one that has achieved more than most his age.

Not really bothered about Chukwuemeka anymore as he's not our player, but it wasn't for nothing that he was spoken so highly of and it's not for nothing that Chelsea paid as much as they did for him, I'd be very surprised if he isn't a future England player himself.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Maybe, although I was specifically thinking about the fan park but it could be the same reason. 

I don't know if that's the case, but it's an educated guess, what with 'official suppliers of world cup' malarkey.  

11 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

keeping lions as pets is neither hilarious nor fun and something that fortunately most of the civilised world has laws preventing. in a few years when it gets too big to be housed as a pet the poor thing will end up euthanised

but yeah...hilarious

To be fair I do agree with this.

They've also imported Pandas as well for show.

I'm not hypocritical though so I actually do publicly criticise them with these types of things.

You might not believe this but i'm very vocal about animal rights here and actually help out animal welfare societies here.

There's a huge population of stray dogs here and they suffer alot of abuse.

Is it wrong that i'm actually more protective of animal rights, than humans? lol

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I don't know if that's the case, but it's an educated guess, what with 'official suppliers of world cup' malarkey.  

Pricing might be set by FIFA rather than the hosts. It would be interesting to know though. 

If I were Qatar and wanted people leave having had as best an experience as possible i’d be selling food and soft drinks for next to nothing. 

I'm not an England fan but I was very pleased to see 5 of the 6 goals were scored by black players - one in the eye to all the racist cretins who verbally attacked saka, rashford and sancho last summer 

• Like 3