World Cup: Matches

Genie

40 minutes ago, Genie said:

the other thing I don’t understand, Qatar are reported to have spent around £200b putting this on…. why are they taking the piss with pricing of basic food, drink and accommodation? It’s a drop in the ocean. Why not just give it away or sell it at cost price?

I can understand the reluctance to discount alcohol from their side but everything else I don’t get.

Because the pricing is all set by FIFA as the countries HAVE to use FIFA certified sellers. Same with Olympics. Andrew Jennings's 2 books on FIFA are real eye openers. It's the same with the infrastructure. They have a list of companies the hosting nations have to use and, get this, the host nations pay all the costs, but FIFA take a huge cut of profits. They also have to sign contracts basically disolving any immigration, healthy and safety and migrant worker laws for workers, and of course FIFA and the companies used are fully exhonerated in any workers deaths etc. It's a full on mafia racket.

Its alos why I'll be amazed if we ever hold a world cup again. Our infrastructure is far too good for FIFA to make money off. The building and infrastructure are massive cash cows for FIFA.

Edited by stewiek2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

There's a lot of empty seats

I don't know if I heard correct, but I think they said more Dutch fans travelled than Senegalese. One of my co-workers is from Senegal and he said they are absolutely football mad, but unfortunately a lot of them have been priced out of going to travel to see them in Qatar.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Rustibrooks said:

I don't know if I heard correct, but I think they said more Dutch fans travelled than Senegalese. One of my co-workers is from Senegal and he said they are absolutely football mad, but unfortunately a lot of them have been priced out of going to travel to see them in Qatar.

I'm not sure how they've sold the tickets to locals or done the pre draw sales to global fans, did see some argies earlier in the crowd, this is a good game for the neutral on paper

1 minute ago, mottaloo said:

I'm not an England fan but I was very pleased to see 5 of the 6 goals were scored by black players - one in the eye to all the racist cretins who verbally attacked saka, rashford and sancho last summer 

Saka appears to have shrugged off all that nonsense over his missed penalty at the Euros at least. He terrified their defence today.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I'm not sure how they've sold the tickets to locals or done the pre draw sales to global fans, did see some argies earlier in the crowd, this is a good game for the neutral on paper

I'm not too sure to be honest, but I did see a few fans from other countries in the crowd. I agree, I've circled this game for weeks because on paper this was going to be a good game.

18 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Because the pricing is all set by FIFA as the countries HAVE to use FIFA certified sellers. Same with Olympics. Andrew Jennings's 2 books on FIFA are real eye openers. It's the same with the infrastructure. They have a list of companies the hosting nations have to use and, get this, the host nations pay all the costs, but FIFA take a huge cut of profits. They also have to sign contracts basically disolving any immigration, healthy and safety and migrant worker laws for workers, and of course FIFA and the companies used are fully exhonerated in any workers deaths etc. It's a full on mafia racket.

Its alos why I'll be amazed if we ever hold a world cup again. Our infrastructure is far too good for FIFA to make money off. The building and infrastructure are massive cash cows for FIFA.

Am I right in thinking fifa also demand merchandise food, drink are all tax free, fifa receives every penny?

Sarr has been quite dangerous for Senegal, would still like us to revisit the idea of signing him. I think he'd really suit us and steps up against good opposition.

Netherlands really need better than Vincent Jansson up top. Watching kane earlier compared to him is quite painful if you are Dutch. 

Hopefully see Nicolas Jackson is second half. 

28 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Am I right in thinking fifa also demand merchandise food, drink are all tax free, fifa receives every penny?

Practically yes. They get all the profit with none of the input. It's all on the hosting nation. Same with the Olympics and to a degree Eurovision. The host nations see profit from the tourist boost the competitions bring as their main income filter.

Basically every bidding nation has to agree to waive any laws or rights that could compromise FIFA and any FIFA certified partners from any indemnity. So you win the bid. Yay world cup here we come. So new stadium builds, repairs, roads etc. Well here's a list of the companies you HAVE to use, and YOU pay foot the bill. Oh and sorry, your laws on workers and workers rights, nah that doesn't apply here so these FIFA certified companies and bring in cheap migrant workers, treat them like shit etc and sorry nothing YOU can do as you agreed to this to win the bid. Oh and any issues, sorry FIFA and the companies concerned as exempt from prosecution. However, see those profits that are being made from world cup merch that YOU had to pay to get produced? Yeah we'll take that thanks. And oh here's our preferred list of dignateries? What? He's banned from your country? Tough, he's a friend of FIFA.

Blatter wanting more world cups in Asia, South America and Africa, and Infantino carrying that on is purely for one reason only. Profit whilst looking like it cares. It's a con job. Honestly, I feel for any Africa nation that wants the world cup. It'll cripple them. America is hosting the next one again simply because of the promised billions to FIFA. We had the world cup once in 66, and now they get it twice due to what is basically a bung to FIFA.

A vile corrupt mafioso of an organisation.

Edited by stewiek2

Just now, MachoFantastico said:

To be fair England beat Iran, not exactly difficult. England will get out of the group but will struggle against better teams.

That's the point though, based on this game they'll play better but I'm not convinced they'll play a good team in the second round