World Cup: Matches

Genie

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Im not saying they cant have a national team. my point is you cant be criticising newcastle and then being happy saudi arabia won.

For me they arr equally the same. If its not the players that are murderers for saudi arabia then same should be fir the newcastle  team. All we had on here was how against they are Newcastle because the saudis. So as the same with newcastle i wont support the saudis for same reason.

I wanted argentina to win and i hope the saudis go out early.  Same with qatar everyone wanted them to lose because of their record on human rights and their backwards laws on the gay community.  Just a reminder the saudis share their beliefs so why we not syaing same about them?

I hear you, but I don't agree that you 'can't' do both. Disagreeing with the takeover of Newcastle was not, for me, 'because the Saudis', although that plays a part. Essentially, I don't think any state should own a Premier League team. There are some specific issues around human rights in Saudi that make them *particularly* egregious as owners, but I wouldn't be happy if a club had been bought by Norway's sovereign wealth fund either. 

I also feel there's a bit of a difference between a club being bought by a sovereign wealth fund, which feels like a plaything for the elites, and a national team, which feels more like something all Saudis can feel a part of. I accept that's a bit woolly but I do think there's something there. 

41 minutes ago, momo said:

Nice. Where is your stance against usa and england? How many did they murder in Iraq in that unlawful war and occupation? It is Harry Kane's responsibility for sure. It's so fun being a racist when it comes to Arabs. Bruh, clean up your mess in your own countries first.

Its actually quite hilarious where you try throw the racism card out when its nothing to do with them being arabs just for their actions. 

so you supporting their stance on being gay lesbian etc? And you are aware what they have been doing to Yemen? 

as for uk if you actually read back historically i was opposed to the war in iraq just my take on that

don't try paint the uk and us like them at least you can  be openly be gay and accepted here unlike these countries where they refuse to accept you for what you are.  But whatever helps you sleep at night 

9 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Because they are a big name and slightly exotic. 

Since 1990 they have only got past the quarters once in 2014 when they lost in the final.

They did win the Copa America for first time in 30 years and its one of the moat balanced teams they have brought to a World Cup in a while

Then they start Otamendi 😂

3 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Listening to John Hartson is like listening to my grandfather when he had dementia, kind of sad really. Not sure what he's on about sometimes. 

Just came here to post similar. He's clueless.