World Cup: Matches

Genie

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Senegal vs France. Cameroon vs Argentina and Italy have lost to both Koreas

Costa Rica knocking out Italy and England in 2014

Italy failing to qualify due to a loss to North Macedonia too

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, duke313 said:

While certainly a huge upset, I don't think it comes close to Cameroon beating defending champions Argentina in 1990 and Senegal beating defending champions France in 2002.

West Germany being beaten by Algeria in 1982 was unthinkable at the time

It's perhaps not the biggest upset in World Cup history but it's surely in the top 10. Prior to this they'd only won 3 World Cup matches in 16 attempts (conceding 39 goals in the process) including opening game defeats of 8-0 to Germany and 5-0 to Russia in 2 of their last 3 outings. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Ah ok so its not ok to cheer newcastle but its ok to cheer the saudi arabia national football team.

Gotcha

I think those are a bit different. Every country has a national team, it's not unfair or inappropriate or sportswashing for Saudi Arabia to have a national team. Not every country owns a Premier League team and I think it's appropriate to offer more scrutiny of the sportswashing intent in them owning Newcastle. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

It's perhaps not the biggest upset in World Cup history but it's surely in the top 10. Prior to this they'd only won 3 World Cup matches in 16 attempts (conceding 39 goals in the process) including opening game defeats of 8-0 to Germany and 5-0 to Russia in 2 of their last 3 outings. 

Its a massive upset. I remember when greece beat Portugal in 1st opening game pundits were saying that was one of the biggest shocks in history this was huge

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

I think those are a bit different. Every country has a national team, it's not unfair or inappropriate or sportswashing for Saudi Arabia to have a national team. Not every country owns a Premier League team and I think it's appropriate to offer more scrutiny of the sportswashing intent in them owning Newcastle. 

Im not saying they cant have a national team. my point is you cant be criticising newcastle and then being happy saudi arabia won.

For me they arr equally the same. If its not the players that are murderers for saudi arabia then same should be fir the newcastle  team. All we had on here was how against they are Newcastle because the saudis. So as the same with newcastle i wont support the saudis for same reason.

I wanted argentina to win and i hope the saudis go out early.  Same with qatar everyone wanted them to lose because of their record on human rights and their backwards laws on the gay community.  Just a reminder the saudis share their beliefs so why we not syaing same about them?

23 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Ah ok so its not ok to cheer newcastle but its ok to cheer the saudi arabia national football team.

Gotcha

Nice. Where is your stance against usa and england? How many did they murder in Iraq in that unlawful war and occupation? It is Harry Kane's responsibility for sure. It's so fun being a racist when it comes to Arabs. Bruh, clean up your mess in your own countries first.

• Confused 1