Match Thread: Brighton v Villa

limpid

Just now, osmark86 said:

Thought we looked pretty decent all things considered. Giving up a goal in the first minute is just stupid though and we can't afford to start half asleep anymore. It's unprofessional.

This is a trait Villa carries far long before Gerrard. Emery needs to address this

• Like 1

Just now, The_Steve said:

Got back into the game well. Some baffling decisions from the officials, there's enough to win this.

100% - has been a long time since we felt confident enough to get straight back into it - good signs

Some nice moves when we go forward but once again the final ball or touch or decision lets us down.  Mings has been shaky, Digne's put in couple of great tackles, Ings has done well.  I think teams target our right side because Catty Mash is not a great defender. 

Might be in the minority here but that’s been very decent stuff from Villa. Nobody can legislate for individual mistakes like that that cost goals. The takeaway ? We are going to be playing out from the back. Seems there’s zero compromise with that for Emery. It’s brave, courageous and of course there will be teething problems. Also, the goal . Buendia would never of picked up that position under Smith or Gerrard. That’s not by accident. 

• Like 2

Not a terrible half, we have done some good things. Our movement has improved since Emery came in, people are showing in space now. I’ve noticed players making themselves available more which is basic but has been lacking. 

Digne’s defending has been good, Ings’ has also been decent. We need to be a bit sharper and we can win this. But please, no more mistakes and gifting of goals.

• Like 1

Just now, osmark86 said:

tbf I also think that the goal we conceded should be a freekick for us. MacAllister clearly pushed Dougie out of balance.

Especially after Enciso won a free kick for the exact same foul up the pitch. The referee is terrible, two Brighton players should be on yellows too.