Match Thread: Brighton v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

gotta be honest, i dont think that is a pen, yes there is contact that mcginn looked for, but no way he was reaching the ball.

will take it anyways.

It makes no difference if he was getting to the ball or not. He was fouled. It was a stupid challenge for the Brighton player to have made.

1 minute ago, sne said:

That's a very skillful Kane-ish "dive" by McGinn. Made sure there was going to be contact and went down. Clear penalty but an avoidable one :D 

Much better in the last 5-10 mins.

Said exactly the same thing here, very Kane like. Everybody knows he's seen the contact coming and made the most of it instead of making the best play on the ball but it still has to be be a pen. Smart football

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

gotta be honest, i dont think that is a pen, yes there is contact that mcginn looked for, but no way he was reaching the ball.

will take it anyways.

It doesn’t matter if the balls in the other bloody half. If you foul someone in the box…it’s a penalty.

How did Dunk not get a yellow for the penalty foul?

Also, that's two in a row where a player has blatantly kicked a ball away from a set piece with Trossard launching it to stop McGinn taking a free kick - that should have been a yellow two.

And the handball.

And the dodgy corner.

I think it's fair to say I don't have a lot of faith in this week's ref based on what we've seen so far.

• Like 3