Christmas 2022

Seat68

On 25/11/2022 at 16:41, Tegis said:

At works christmas party. And Im posting on VT. You fill in the blanks.

Free boze though so this will probably be my last coherent post

Got mine on Friday. Have been reliably informed there is a large kitty for the drinks.  Hopefully it won't get too messy.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Got mine on Friday. Have been reliably informed there is a large kitty for the drinks.  Hopefully it won't get too messy.

so we get an arrival drink. that's it.

we then get told there's a magician and photo booth...because that's exactly what people want their xmas party budget spent on

i've organised xmas parties before and they're a pain in the arse, so fair doos for organising, but for the love of god find out what the people want rather than trying to be too clever

guarantee if they'd surveyed the floor and given the choice between drinks vouchers and a magician, i'd guesstimate a good 95% would want the drinks

there's 180 people going, including senior management. maybe they're trying to keep it sensible.

4 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

so we get an arrival drink. that's it.

we then get told there's a magician and photo booth...because that's exactly what people want their xmas party budget spent on

guarantee if they'd surveyed the floor and given the choice between drinks vouchers and a magician, i'd guesstimate a good 95% would want the drinks

Can he turn water into wine?

• Like 3

Tree went up last night I brought all the stuff down and let the others do the work. Escaped to the barbers (don’t laugh) and came back just in time to complain about the mess they made. Today was day one of the hot wheels advent calendar and the elf up to shenanigans. 

42 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Just plugged in the outside lights I put up at the weekend.

My Saturday job apparently, putting up the lights, not turning them on, I'm not Paul Danan after all.

Had my first Christmas dinner tonight. Met a few current and ex work mates in a nice pub in the shires (typical vile etc)

Bloody lovely! Only criticism- just the one piggy blanket! Must be the cost of living crisis. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

I bought a Christmas tree from Sutton Park but I realised when I got home I didn't have a stand, so I improvised using a bunch of drumming hardware

IMG_20221204_103217_(900_x_1200_pixel).thumb.jpg.aa83534aa148b48d57818987fed6e7e4.jpg

That's a robot worthy of the Ice Rink thread. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lichfield Dean said:

I bought a Christmas tree from Sutton Park but I realised when I got home I didn't have a stand, so I improvised using a bunch of drumming hardware

IMG_20221204_103217_(900_x_1200_pixel).thumb.jpg.aa83534aa148b48d57818987fed6e7e4.jpg

That's a branch, tis no tree!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Oh yes. I'm sure you "bought" a Christmas Tree "from Sutton Park" 😁🎄

I remember back in the day there used to be 2 blokes standing at the entrance of wyndley car park in the run up to xmas, collecting a parking fee for those xmas shoppers who couldn't find a space in or around the gracechurch centre, so they'd park there and walk across - as I did many a xmas.

They'd be wearing the standard hi vis jackets and I assumed they worked for the council......but part of me now wonders if they were a couple of chancers on the scam, especially as they didn't issue tickets on payment ?

I've been working my way through a box of Orange Matchmakers the last few days. The taste of Christmas right there. 

Had a Turkey dinner in The Pub on Friday too 😁

Edited by sidcow

26 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I've been working my way through a box of Orange Matchmakers the last few says.

I assume that should read 'days'. 

For me, it would read 'minutes'.