Musk's Twitter Purchase

KentVillan

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

No he isn’t, he’s banning accounts that don’t state they are a parody

Hold on whilst I unwrap my chips.

Edited by sidcow

11 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

In theory. In reality he's banning accounts that are parodying him without stating they are a parody.

tbh, I think banning non stated parody accounts is fair game, regardless of his motives

16 minutes ago, bickster said:

tbh, I think banning non stated parody accounts is fair game, regardless of his motives

For most people, sure.

However if your whole reason you saying you are doing all this stuff is from a motive of pure, free-speech "if it's legal then it should be allowed" absolutism then it's very funny to see his principles vanish as soon as he is mildly inconvenienced by it.

Edited by ml1dch

3 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

For most people, sure.

However if your whole reason you saying you are doing all this stuff is from a motive of pure, free-speech "if it's legal then it should be allowed" absolutism then it's very funny to see his principles vanish as soon as he is mildly inconvenienced by it.

Yes, I agree. But the whole free speech narrative is bullshit in the first place, it's just a handle to hang his bad purchase on.

I think, he's looking at making his money back ASAP, he knows he stuffed up buying it at the price he did and that is a huge ask but he really needs to because his buyout is guaranteed by his Tesla holding, the price of which is also tanking since he announced his Twitter purchase in April.

Sacking 75% of the moderation team isn't going to help him rid the platform of all the non-stated parody accounts

9 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Twitter post-Musk has sent user number shooting up on Mastodon, but has anyone here tried it yet?

Seems the consensus is the UI is somewhat confusing.

I just had a look and decided I’d need several cups of coffee before I try to sign up. I got the impression you needed to join a certain group to get on the platform. Most of the groups I saw were French. I think I’m doing it wrong. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, choffer said:

I just had a look and decided I’d need several cups of coffee before I try to sign up. I got the impression you needed to join a certain group to get on the platform. Most of the groups I saw were French. I think I’m doing it wrong. 

This isn't just doing it wrong. This is you Mastodon it wrong.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

Twitter post-Musk has sent user number shooting up on Mastodon, but has anyone here tried it yet?

Seems the consensus is the UI is somewhat confusing.

Have signed up. Not as straightforward as twitter, but not far off. So far so good...

• Thanks 1

On 07/11/2022 at 10:36, bickster said:

He's apparently now banning stated parody accounts if they say anything negative about him. He is like the kid who brung his football to school and immediately kicked you out of the game if you tried to tackle him. 

Twitter are claiming they've had a huge influx of new users this week and are now at their highest ever numbers. 

I'm assuming this is just Trump style bullshit from Musk. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Twitter are claiming they've had a huge influx of new users this week and are now at their highest ever numbers. 

I'm assuming this is just Trump style bullshit from Musk. 

NAh its probably true, everyone likes a good public celebrity meltdown

Â