Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of reasoned posts on here which I fully agree with. But we all know how it goes when there’s a few poor results.  It’s just how it is. Some people have short memories and ignore the circumstances.  I have no doubt the majority are well behind Emery and very grateful he is our manager. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Whenever Unai gives an " It's time to sink or swim " or " Time to show what we are about, if we are serious " type message, the lads have usually risen to the challenge.

Her's hoping!

Turning over Brighton would be a real boost on all fronts.

5 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

I am not really too sure there have been a few poor results unless we now think we have gone from relegation fodder less than 12 months ago to now thinking we should hardly be losing a game.

Our league return from 6 games has been as good as I'd have hoped for. In fact probably a little better as I'd have probably taken 2 points from away games at Newcastle, Liverpool and Chelsea. We'd have expected wins from Everton, Burnley and Palace and we deservedly won them all. 

In the cups we have blown Hibs away in two games, narrowly lost our toughest away game in the Europa group to Legia Warsaw and been beaten at home in the league cup against a fellow Prem side. 

All the above has happened whilst Emery has been trying to integrate 5 new players and having been without 4 of our best 11 starters for pretty much the whole of the season. I think given that then losing some games should hardly come as a surprise should it especially losses in two of the toughest away league games you can face. I also think that inconsistent performances and looking disjointed at times should be expected given the injuries we have and the handful of new players being integrated. 

I see this period as similar to when Emery first arrived and it took time for it all to click and for us to gain some consistency. In his first 12 league and cup games we won 5, drew 1 and lost 6 and then it really came together. 

Getting Ramsey and Moreno back down our left side will be a huge boost and  having Carlos to take some of the workload off Konsa with little drop in quality of player will give more in depth strength in that CB position. Then we have Torres, Diaby, Zaniolo and Tielemans all top quality players who have between them started 13 league games for us so are still to fully integrate and get in tune with what Emery wants and with their new team mates. 

I am in zero doubt that under Emery, just as happened last season, that given a little more time, it will again all click and come together. 

I think the manner of those results we have lost, is the thing that has folk divided in their views.

In mid week Unai had the expression of the Mayor of Hiroshima....such was the low standard for much of the game.

Unai for me, has done extremely well and he is not in question, but some of the performances are.....look every team can cite injuries and how damaging they are to them, but you can easily slip in to feeling sorry for yourselves.

games like tomorrow, require character and a willingness to bounce back to form.....much like Everton have mustered.

What we have done last season, can't help us, only what we do tomorrow can....so my message is, forget the back patting for the past, puff your chests out, and go out and get the job done.

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Whenever Unai gives an " It's time to sink or swim " or " Time to show what we are about, if we are serious " type message, the lads have usually risen to the challenge.

Her's hoping!

Turning over Brighton would be a real boost on all fronts.

Yep.

Plus, when it feels like we're in or approaching a lull...he comes out fighting.

Those three losses last year, I thought that was it for the season. He's not interested in giving up.

Don't know where his stamina comes from.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Genius

10 home wins in a row in the PL

Had completely forgotten about that today! Blimey what a way to reach that milestone.

Excellent. It gets said a few times but that’s a contender for the best result since we came back up.

Â