Match Thread: Villa v Brentford

limpid

Just now, maqroll said:

I know. I should have just said McGinn, not the snarky nickname. 

All good, I wasnt judging we all do it from time to time, he has been poor no doubt but I think he has been burdened with the captaincy and asked to do something outside his skillset

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

Again so mcuh easier to press when you don't have 2 dead weights in that regard in the middle of the park with mcginn and Ramsey. 

McGinn or Ramsey could play at the '10' in this system but they would be a downgrade.

I wouldn't write off Ramsey at all, McGinn I would have sold in both of the last two summer windows.

Just now, Talldarkandransome said:

Wrong thread I.know but if we don't get our 1st choice then why not let Danks have them until the World Cup. 

Absolutely. 

Did you see how much the players were running around today, trying to win the ball back? 

F*** me, how bad must it have been under Gerrard.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Again so mcuh easier to press when you don't have 2 dead weights in that regard in the middle of the park with mcginn and Ramsey. 

Absolutely, an effective press needs to be done as a team.

No surprise Luiz looks great when he's not having to cover the whole of the area between our box and the centre circle

Just now, paul514 said:

McGinn or Ramsey could play at the '10' in this system but they would be a downgrade.

I wouldn't write off Ramsey at all, McGinn I would have sold in both of the last two summer windows.

I wouldn't write ramsey off either. He needs to play as one of the 3 behind the striker until he becomes more tactically aware and stronger. Both Chelseas goals came from him making a piss weak challenge that let his man skip past him. And he did the same vs Fulham. 

Just now, andym said:

Absolutely, an effective press needs to be done as a team.

No surprise Luiz looks great when he's not having to cover the whole of the area between our box and the centre circle

Just wait until Kamara gets back. That will be very good.