Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

I love that feeling of optimism when a new (good) manager comes in and lifts everyones hopes. The same set of players that stagnate under bad coaching can all of a sudden become very accomplished and look like world beaters with a manager they believe in. Its a good project with a good squad & academy here Mauricio, I promise.

Out of the blue club statement this week would be lovely with Poch already agreed. Cheers Nassef for stepping in and doing Purslows job for him 🙃

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

I love that feeling of optimism when a new (good) manager comes in and lifts everyones hopes. The same set of players that stagnate under bad coaching can all of a sudden become very accomplished and look like world beaters with a manager they believe in. Its a good project with a good squad & academy here Mauricio, I promise.

Out of the blue club statement this week would be lovely with Poch already agreed. Cheers Nassef for stepping in and doing Purslows job for him 🙃

Yeah remember how Smith turned Bruce's boring football round in his first game I can see how Poch/Emery would do the same.   We have better players now too.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

We need Hope! a new manager can bring that.

23 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

I remember after O'Leary, Lerner bought the club and hired O'Neill (top manager at the time). Felt euphoric and that we were actually going places.

Under NSWE, hiring a top manager in now wpuld give everyone an enormous lift and would truly bring an amazing feeling back to evryone.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

I remember after O'Leary, Lerner bought the club and hired O'Neill (top manager at the time). Felt euphoric and that we were actually going places.

Under NSWE, hiring a top manager in now wpuld give everyone an enormous lift and would truly bring an amazing feeling back to evryone.

I am back to having one foot in the "out" camp. This is going nowhere. Time for the owners to invest in a proven top coach. We have invested in top players , top facilities and we are in a top league. 

Its obvious whats missing.

Gerrard has had nearly a year, we are simply not progressing. We cant afford to have gerrard learn the job here on our time & money. As gerrard himself said "we need someone who is ready now."

Poch would be great but the owners like a star as well, so I hope we at least try for Zidane.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I am back to having one foot in the "out" camp. This is going nowhere. Time for the owners to invest in a proven top coach. We have invested in top players , top facilities and we are in a top league. 

Its obvious whats missing.

Gerrard has had nearly a year, we are simply not progressing. We cant afford to have gerrard learn the job here on our time & money. As gerrard himself said "we need someone who is ready now."

Poch would be great but the owners like a star as well, so I hope we at least try for Zidane.

Zidane? Surely Pochettino is considered enough of a star as manager.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Zidane? Surely Pochettino is considered enough of a star as manager.

For sure, Poch is a very good manager and I would be delighted to see him here. But Zidane is not only one of the greatest managers of all time he was also one of the best players of all time and it seems to me the owners or Purslow love a bit of star power.

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Watch Wolves go for Pochettino now...

NSWE will dither then we'll get Dyche or Pulis....I have no expectations anymore!

Do you think Wes and Nas are good owners or not? Perhaps you don't but they'll get an elite manager in next time.

Purslow was in credit too much after persuading them to go for DS. They all got it wrong on Gerrard, it happens so let's move on quickly before he really does set us back years.

1 hour ago, joshharris12 said:

Going nowhere is it but sadly he isn’t either with purslow running the show it’s a complete S show

I don't believe that. Of course Purslow runs stuff day to day but I can't believe NSWE are just sitting with their feet up in their homelands just letting things drift week after week.

Perhaps they want to give Gerrard as much time as possible for whatever reason but if they both wake up tomorrow and want to sack him there will be nothing Purslow will be able to do about it, a chief exec with odd share in the club isn't going to be allowed to overrule two millionaires (and I think Lange will be happy to see the back of Gerrard aswell).

30 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

You still gerrard in?

Curious to know your thoughts  on him continuing in his current role?

Yes.