Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

22 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

He cost Chelse £21m. There was absolutely no way we were paying that buyout clause

How much have Gerrard cost us in lower league position, scaring away sponsors and fans by playing really bad football, and losing Luiz for free next summer.

If we had gone with Potter, I’m pretty sure we would be close to gotten back the £21mill by now.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, messi11 said:

Purslow need sanctioning for not going for Potter last season.  

Whilst I would have loved Potter here, let's not forget that his Brighton team couldn't score for toffee, and were getting booed by the fans last season.

17 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

How did Gerard manage to get 6m a year at Villa?  No way rangers were close to paying him that.

He got £2.5m per year at Rangers, he's on £5m a year with us, and Potter is on £10m a year at Chelsea which is more than Tuchel was on at £8m per year.

13 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Is Potter on the pitch in full kit and boots likes Terry?

" Potter beating Milan ".

FFS... It's a whole football team, and I'm sure they've beat European Champions League competetion in the past.

They've won it as well.

The dramatics 🤦🏿‍♂️

I did realise that Chelsea were a football club ;)

My point is Potter was managing to coach those players in a system that comfortably beat a very well coached and talented Milan side no bother. I would assume seeing as he's capable of that, that he could have also managed to coach our players to a level where they didn't look like they'd been found in car park and pushed out on the pitch. 

Something that would improve us at the moment!

I thought that Dean being sacked was probably the right decision, although it was sad to see him go.  However the speed at which his successor was brought in, whilst I thought it was efficient and ruthless at the time, finds me asking now, would Dean have been sacked so quickly if SG hadn’t been available which he obviously was albeit still employed by Rangers? 

Does this mean we can’t, at the moment anyway, secure a suitable replacement, or was the Stevie G project the catalyst to make the change? Did we appoint him or did Purslow appoint us for Stevie G to help him on his quest for the Red Scouse job? Is the tail wagging the dog?

Edited by DaveAV1

11 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

An angry guy on the For The Love of Paul Mcgrath podact summed it up perfectly for me.

Why are we, Aston Villa, with all our resources allowing a manager to "Learn on the Job".

It's insane when you look at it that way. If the owners are serious, then we need a serious manager.

Yeah it is an odd one for sure...

I'm not pro-Gerrard, but whilst he is here I hope he can turn it around.

But the sentiment from Purslow and/or NSWE seemed to be to get Gerrard in before someone else did and to hope he was the next best thing!

To me this philosophy is a dangerous one, yet I can also see that our squad has improved

15 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

An angry guy on the For The Love of Paul Mcgrath podact summed it up perfectly for me.

Why are we, Aston Villa, with all our resources allowing a manager to "Learn on the Job".

It's insane when you look at it that way. If the owners are serious, then we need a serious manager.

Were also the only club in the league that runs in a way where the managers future is looked at on a game by game basis rather than his whole time at the club.

If you were to look at him based on that he has been nothing but a complete failure and should have already been sacked.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

But the sentiment from Purslow and/or NSWE seemed to be to get Gerrard in before someone else did and to hope he was the next best thing!

Ok fair enough but.. he isn't the next best thing so sack him and get someone better

On 05/10/2022 at 17:29, MaVilla said:

no need to worry about Poch coming here bois, neither him, or any other top coach would be interested now we are officially on the "self-sustaining" programme.

No big spunking of fee's it seems in the future, unless funded by sales.

Someone like Poch aint gonna fancy that imo.

I too, don't see an easy way out......No manager, with any Nous, will take on this squad.

We have a frontline who can't score, to save their lives, is enough to get any sought after manager to baulk at the prospect of joining us....and full backs, who can't defend.( the regulars).....a midfield, who can't create.

I think we are now seeing owners who are losing interest in the recruitment programme......Hence the shutters going up in the summer.

I think its a case of, do the best with what you have got, and we will revisit it at the seasons end

• Haha 1