Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

7 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

Lads. Don't need to hound Jim for being Gerrard in.

You already know you're Gerrard out and aren't going to be swayed.

Hound?

Since when is asking a question hounding? Im not criticising him im genuinely interested what he sees that im missing? As i see very little in terms of positives.  Only positive i have seen recently is a improvement defensively 

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 2

I am getting to the stage where i would like Steve Cooper to be sacked by Forest and then take him rather than Gerrard. 

He bit off more than he could chew integrating 20 new players into a squad. 

Would do a good job for us. And he is certainly a better coach who plays attractive football. 

I never thought i would write that but its how much Gerrard has regressed us that means Cooper would be a better option.

4 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I am getting to the stage where i would like Steve Cooper to be sacked by Forest and then take him rather than Gerrard. 

Would do a good job for us. And he is certainly a better coach who plays attractive football. 

I never thought i would write that but its how much Gerrard has regressed us that means Cooper would be a better option.

That’s a bit harsh on Cooper. He may not have managed in a top league before but has at least done an excellent job with Forest last season and with the England youth before.

I’d prefer someone with experience from one of the big leagues, but would be happy with Cooper as well. He’s miles ahead of Gerrard.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

That’s a bit harsh on Cooper. He may not have managed in a top league before but has at least done an excellent job with Forest last season and with the England youth before.

I’d prefer someone with experience from one of the big leagues, but would be happy with Cooper as well. He’s miles ahead of Gerrard.

Maybe i did come over too harsh. When Cooper was midtable with Forest and Gerrard took us over i meant that i would never have dreamed that we would have regressed so much under Gerrard that it would be an option. 

I thought we were heading for Europe.and we would be challenging the big 6 or 7 .  How wrong was i 

10 minutes ago, trillvillan said:

Who can we genuinely go after? 

Is Tuchel completely out of the question? 😅

Would be strange if they didn’t at least speak with Tuchel and Poch. Some others who could be approached are Amorim, Lopetegui, Emery, Fonseca, Favre. Rodgers probably the most likely candidate when or if the day comes.

But I’m afraid we’re still far away from that discussion.

Edited by VillaParkAvenue
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Hound?

Since when is asking a question hounding? Im not criticising him im genuinely interested what he sees that im missing? As i see very little in terms of positives.  Only positive i have seen recently is a improvement defensively 

It was more pre-emptive considering how disliked Gerrard is at the minute XD

• Like 1

I wonder if ten hag would be a good fit here? On one hand he has a track record of being tactically astute, on the other he sure spends a lot of time telling Manu Fans things are "unacceptable" but then goes on to accept them game in game out.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

7 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I wonder if ten hag would be a good fit here? On one hand he has a track record of being tactically astute, on the other he sure spends a lot of time telling Manu Fans things are "unacceptable" but then goes on to accept them game in game out.

Het ligt aan mij (dutch for ”it’s on me”)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Get these Prem trainees out of your heads. We need a proven experienced manager next.

I've said here before, no more ****** trainees pleeeese!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Emery rodgers poch or tuchel (although i accept the latter two are unlikely)

No more gambles for the love of god.

I'd like to stay clear of Rodgers. 

But Emery, Poch, or Tuchel would be a dream considering where we're at. 

• Like 2