Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

1 hour ago, trillvillan said:

I'd like to stay clear of Rodgers. 

But Emery, Poch, or Tuchel would be a dream considering where we're at. 

Yea i agree rodgers would be bottom of that list but where we are currently as a club, unless purslow make big promises of ambition and financial backing none of the other three are likely to come

• Like 2

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Could be the longest con, and I could be a sucker but I genuinely think this bloke, somehow has a line:

For all I know, it could be SG himself trolling Villa fans 😂

He knows some stuff as he was the one who said the sarr deal was off before anyone else and the kamara deal was done 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Could be the longest con, and I could be a sucker but I genuinely think this bloke, somehow has a line:

👀👀

I think Purslow needs to start becoming super pally with Paul Barber and David Weir at Brighton, so when the time comes to replace Gerrard we can ask them who else they had on their shortlist, would save us a lot of time. 

I can see it now.... It's the most Villa thing ever and I can just see it..... 

The Scenario: Gerrard Sacked (This is hypothetical, this hasn't happened!!)

What happens next?: After the usual throw their hats into the ring, as fans we start hoping for Poch, Tuchel or Emery.... The usual stuff happens, Dwight Yorke feels he's entitled to a big job, Fonseca will publicly state he wants to join us but then....

...Odds start to tumble on one particular name.... Most of us fans don't really react as we don't believe NSWE could do this......

New Aston Villa Manager. Scott Parker.

I'm writing this purely because I don't want it to happen, and I'm sure I'm not alone, and hopefully prophesising this means it won't ever happen. It's my worst nightmare at the moment.

• Haha 4

53 minutes ago, DeadlyDirk said:

I can see it now.... It's the most Villa thing ever and I can just see it..... 

The Scenario: Gerrard Sacked (This is hypothetical, this hasn't happened!!)

What happens next?: After the usual throw their hats into the ring, as fans we start hoping for Poch, Tuchel or Emery.... The usual stuff happens, Dwight Yorke feels he's entitled to a big job, Fonseca will publicly state he wants to join us but then....

...Odds start to tumble on one particular name.... Most of us fans don't really react as we don't believe NSWE could do this......

New Aston Villa Manager. Scott Parker.

I'm writing this purely because I don't want it to happen, and I'm sure I'm not alone, and hopefully prophesising this means it won't ever happen. It's my worst nightmare at the moment.

Southgate after the World Cup is the horror story.

• Sad 3

17 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If this is at all true then I guess it gives a small insight into how the board work, just like with Smith I’m assuming they didn’t want to pull the trigger until the circled in on their choice (Gerrard) and then pulled the trigger and got their man in really soon.

If Poch is still slightly undecided then they may feel like they don’t want to fire Gerrard as of now, I’m sure that could change if Poch called them to say he’s all in. 

• Like 2

On 28/09/2022 at 23:45, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I think Gerrard is here until at least end of the year.

Just cannot see Pochettino at Villa at all, we'll end up with Dyche, Farke or someone of that ilk. No expectations anymore...

I have no idea, what will happen, or who we would get if he went, of if they would be any good.

My reservations, lie in recruitment.....outside of Kamara, Carlos and maybe Coutinho.....I don't see an appetite, for quality signings.....we may have spent heavy, in some eyes, but some of the players look unconvincing, who have cost decent sponds.

If I was an owner, I would question, the personnel, more than the money spent.....Jacks money, has produced, what? exactly.....I think Emi has been the best of the 3 and plays least.

I think the biggest surprise by the club is, they thought SG would turn around, the signings under Dean, and he hasn't been able to, to any large degree.....whether anyone else can, is debatable, too.

If I thought Pochettino or Tuchel, or such like could come in and make something of this squad, I would be all for it......I am not convinced they could, I think they would want huge funds, and that is why, SG will be given time.

Poch would not come in, unless a war chest was available, and that nullifies any theory of his turning around some of these players.

Its all about opinions, but I don't think there is a silver bullet to make this squad a good team, in footballing terms, too many are not good on the ball, and lose it too easily...i.e poor touch, poor pass, lack movement, mediocre vision, indecision.....some of these things are hard to coach in to players, its part of the natural ability, you expect them to have.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

If this is at all true then I guess it gives a small insight into how the board work, just like with Smith I’m assuming they didn’t want to pull the trigger until the circled in on their choice (Gerrard) and then pulled the trigger and got their man in really soon.

If Poch is still slightly undecided then they may feel like they don’t want to fire Gerrard as of now, I’m sure that could change if Poch called them to say he’s all in. 

what is meant by fires to put out?.....I suspect, I know what he means.

and that flies in the face of folk thinking other managers can sort out these players, to our satisfaction.

I suspect, any high profile manager, would baulk at the prospect of taking on our squad, with a few exceptions, and the owners would baulk at parting with more big money.....hence status quo.

41 minutes ago, TRO said:

think the biggest surprise by the club is, they thought SG would turn around, the signings under Dean, and he hasn't been able to, to any large degree.....whether anyone else can, is debatable, too

I mean, i think the debate is pretty well settled in these parts. It would be perplexing to believe no one could get more from these resources! 

You're telling me Howe wouldn't have had the same success here as in Geordie land?

We desperately need someone with an identity and patterns of play. I'd reckon that there are probably in excess of 1000 coaches in world football who could turn us into a formidable force... We just don't have one. This is like saying Bruce was doing as well as could be expected before his departure, history shows otherwise. I reckon we'd be better off with any of the other head coaches in this league. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, TRO said:

what is meant by fires to put out?.....I suspect, I know what he means.

and that flies in the face of folk thinking other managers can sort out these players, to our satisfaction.

I suspect, any high profile manager, would baulk at the prospect of taking on our squad, with a few exceptions, and the owners would baulk at parting with more big money.....hence status quo.

Not sure what you're on about, we have a team full of " Internationals ".

Other teams in the Premier League don't have those you know??!!! 👀

On a serious note though, I agree with the sentiment in part. Some fans are deluded if they think any Manager will come in and instantly turn us into World Beaters.

However, I do think Managers will also see the potential of the squad ( As well as the obvious improvements needed ) and still be able to find a way to blend what we've got effectively to improve performances and results.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Not sure what you're on about, we have a team full of " Internationals ".

Other teams in the Premier League don't have those you know??!!! 👀

On a serious note though, I agree with the sentiment in part. Some fans are deluded if they think any Manager will come in and instantly turn us into World Beaters.

However, I do think Managers will also see the potential of the squad ( As well as the obvious improvements needed ) and still be able to find a way to blend what we've got effectively to improve performances and results.

We can only see Shaun......

I am not convinced a new manager alone, without new additions, will change much.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dale said:

I mean, i think the debate is pretty well settled in these parts. It would be perplexing to believe no one could get more from these resources! 

You're telling me Howe wouldn't have had the same success here as in Geordie land?

We desperately need someone with an identity and patterns of play. I'd reckon that there are probably in excess of 1000 coaches in world football who could turn us into a formidable force... We just don't have one. This is like saying Bruce was doing as well as could be expected before his departure, history shows otherwise. I reckon we'd be better off with any of the other head coaches in this league. 

I suspect, Howe bought well, in terms of blend.....He knew what he needed and what needed strengthening as opposed to just coaching.

He never won a game, until the window opened.

Like Moyes or Rogers, or Cooper.

Ask Pep, why he couldn't tactically outwit him.

He might not last, but don't just jump on bandwagons, with glib, comments.

16 minutes ago, TRO said:

I suspect, Howe bought well, in terms of blend.....He knew what he needed and what needed strengthening as opposed to just coaching.

He never won a game, until the window opened.

Like Moyes or Rogers, or Cooper.

Ask Pep, why he couldn't tactically outwit him.

He might not last, but don't just jump on bandwagons, with glib, comments.

Things that are not true

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

I can’t stand the Eddie Howe love in… there I said it. 

I dont think its a love it, he isnt an elite manager but  is still a million times better than what is sitting on our bench calling himself a head coach

• Like 2