Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

On 25/09/2022 at 17:22, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

People keep trying to use this, and by this logic we could claim the same with ourselves.

If " only we'd taken our chances " we'd probably have 20 more points in the last 10 - 15 etc .

A part of football is taking chances ffs.

It was a good, solid performance regardless of how people want to catapult hurdles around it.

We were as much responsible for them not " taking their chances " as them not taking them.

Also, whenever people say " I was there " , as admirable as it is, people actually get a better view of the game on TV than from a certain fixed angles IMO.

I'm not really convinced by SG at present but the pettiness is overshadowing peoples objectivity.

Deano would have been adulated for a similar result.

As a matter of fact he would have been adulated more for a loss if it " looked good " in spells.

Well since we have the 2nd lowest XG in the league we are overachieving on our chances 😛

• Sad 1

On 25/09/2022 at 16:22, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

People keep trying to use this, and by this logic we could claim the same with ourselves.

If " only we'd taken our chances " we'd probably have 20 more points in the last 10 - 15 etc .

A part of football is taking chances ffs.

It was a good, solid performance regardless of how people want to catapult hurdles around it.

We were as much responsible for them not " taking their chances " as them not taking them.

Also, whenever people say " I was there " , as admirable as it is, people actually get a better view of the game on TV than from a certain fixed angles IMO.

I'm not really convinced by SG at present but the pettiness is overshadowing peoples objectivity.

Deano would have been adulated for a similar result.

As a matter of fact he would have been adulated more for a loss if it " looked good " in spells.

We have to create chances to be able to take them 😂. And we’re near the bottom for chances created Allegedly?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Well since we have the 2nd lowest XG in the league we are overachieving on our chances 😛

24 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

We have to create chances to be able to take them 😂. And we’re near the bottom for chances created Allegedly?

The " logic " still applies.

In any game we've created at least 1 - 2 chances, if we missed them and then lost by 1 - 2 goals or drew, then we have an argument.

Basically, it's Bollox and is purely created to discredit absolutely everything.

I'm filing this one into the trying way too hard category.

I can't believe people are really trying to leap hurdles to discredit a result and performance against Man City.

There are MANY other areas and reasons where the criticisms are valid. This isn't one.

It is more of a general point ffs 

" If they'd taken their chances " is such a wide and non sensical narrative which can be used to skew literally any result or match in any way we want.

If we'd taken all our chances under Di Matteo we probably would have been promoted as Champions in that first season down.

We've had better performances agains Man City under SG and lost.

I might actually prefer the notion that he's a Gang banger at present 😂

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The " logic " still applies.

In any game we've created at least 1 - 2 chances, if we missed them and then lost by 1 - 2 goals or drew, then we have an argument.

Basically, it's Bollox and is purely created to discredit absolutely everything.

I'm filing this one into the trying way too hard category.

I can't believe people are really trying to leap hurdles to discredit a result and performance against Man City.

There are MANY other areas and reasons where the criticisms are valid. This isn't one.

It is more of a general point ffs 

" If they'd taken their chances " is such a wide and non sensical narrative which can be used to skew literally any result or match in any way we want.

We've had better performances agains Man City under SG and lost.

I might actually prefer the notion that he's a Gang banger at present 😂

I wasn’t referencing the Man City game I was referencing the general performances and play. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I'd say the only time we look like creating quality chances is when Buendia's on, as he can create something out of nothing, even when he's only given scraps himself.

Buendia under Porch would be a joy.

Think he is the player with thr highest XG this season which is a tad embarrassing he hardly starts

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tom13 said:

I'd say the only time we look like creating quality chances is when Buendia's on, as he can create something out of nothing, even when he's only given scraps himself.

Buendia under Porch would be a joy.

He’d definitely unlock a few doors. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

What a difference a year makes. This time last year we talking about breaking top 8. Now fans are saying we will end up with Southgate, Farke, Dyche etc.  

I think everyone needs to relax a little. 

Yeah I wonder what could have changed since then 🤔

We had 1 shot on target against City, the one we scored from. The only other real chance you could think of is the one where Ollie (or was it JJ) was through and had a heavy touch which didn't lead to a shot. We didn't really create much. On the balance of chances in the game including goals, I think 3-1 City would have been a fair reflection on how the match went. But you need luck and resoluteness in these types of matches so that was a very well-earned point from the boys, but it was hardly a display of attacking quality.

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Its in his thread from last nights Fan Forum...work in progress we are 😂😂😂

He wasn't saying that when he sacked Smith.

I think the club are just happy with us staying in the division now which is fine as long as they don't come out with crap such as "continual improvement" and "european ambitions" e.t.c there is no chance of that under this limited manager.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AshVilla said:

He wasn't saying that when he sacked Smith.

I think the club are just happy with us staying in the division now which is fine as long as they don't come out with crap such as "continual improvement" and "european ambitions" e.t.c there is no chance of that under this limited manager.

purslow is fine with that because the alternative is admitting he made a mistake appointing gerrard

i can't believe the owners are cool with that though