Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

On 25/09/2022 at 15:45, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Did you see us getting a draw against Man City?

I actually remember when we were on a bad run last season, people saying " I can't see us getting another point " etc.

Then we won 3 on the spin or something like that.

Now we might get turgid/boring performances, but we are certainly capable of getting results IMO

JV as I have said elsewhere Man City is no benchmark to anything.

yes we can beat Leeds but they are just as likely to beat us.

i genuinely have zero confidence in us right now and I haven’t felt this way since the dinosaur was in charge 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, daft said:

5th in 12? That's impressive. What's the record? Can they fire Bilic before he's even managed a game for them? That'd be really impressive. 

They’ll get through another 10 managers before Purslow swaps Gerrard for Big Sam. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Pochettino and his family already live in the UK.

i genuinely feel he'd come to us and i'm terrified that we'll miss out

i've never wanted villa to lose, and i never will, but this sunday's game is the closest i've ever come. gerrard must be on borrowed time

On 26/09/2022 at 21:42, daft said:

5th in 12? That's impressive. What's the record? Can they fire Bilic before he's even managed a game for them? That'd be really impressive. 

Could happen. Bin dunne elsewhere. Leroy Roseinior at Torquay. 

• Like 1

Are rumours to us gathering pace or just a circle jerk milking of clickbait generated by fans?

Mauricio Pochettino stance on return to management after Aston Villa links

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-pochettino-management-return-25125431

37 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Are rumours to us gathering pace or just a circle jerk milking of clickbait generated by fans?

Mauricio Pochettino stance on return to management after Aston Villa links

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-pochettino-management-return-25125431

While I wish it’s true, all the links seem just seeing Gerrard really struggling hence link the unemployed big time manager with no substance.  There could be substance behind the scenes but I don’t think any of these links are based on something that is or isn’t going on behind the scenes given how the articles are framed, just seem like clickbait.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

All shit-tier links so far but if Poch really is interested but Gerrard stumbles through enough results to survive his availability I can genuinely see this being viewed for decades as a monumental "what could have been". 

I'd bet my mortgage Gerrard doesn't survive the season but I have horrible visions of us having slim pickings akin to when we got rid of Smith when the higher-ups finally decide enough is enough.

1 hour ago, penguin said:

All shit-tier links so far but if Poch really is interested but Gerrard stumbles through enough results to survive his availability I can genuinely see this being viewed for decades as a monumental "what could have been". 

I'd bet my mortgage Gerrard doesn't survive the season but I have horrible visions of us having slim pickings akin to when we got rid of Smith when the higher-ups finally decide enough is enough.

I think Gerrard is here until at least end of the year.

Just cannot see Pochettino at Villa at all, we'll end up with Dyche, Farke or someone of that ilk. No expectations anymore...

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I think Gerrard is here until at least end of the year.

Just cannot see Pochettino at Villa at all, we'll end up with Dyche, Farke or someone of that ilk. No expectations anymore...

Feel the same Poch will go to West Ham or  Newcastle before he’ll come to us. 

14 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

What a difference a year makes. This time last year we talking about breaking top 8. Now fans are saying we will end up with Southgate, Farke, Dyche etc.  

I think everyone needs to relax a little. 

Well we ended up with Gerrard so they are fair points

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Well we ended up with Gerrard so they are fair points

So because the club took a massive risk with the appointment they’ll try their hardest to  **** up again with the next appointment ?

The fact they gave Gerrard the job and it hasn’t gone well should be more of a reason they will be desperate to get the next one right. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

So because the club took a massive risk with the appointment they’ll try their hardest to  **** up again with the next appointment ?

The fact they gave Gerrard the job and it hasn’t gone well should be more of a reason they will be desperate to get the next one right. 

I have zero faith in Purslow picking the right manager at this time. Can imagine he thinks Southgate is a safe pair of hands compared to Poch

Nothing wrong with Farke either but he would not come to us now anyway as landed probably a better job

• Like 1

On 25/09/2022 at 16:22, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

People keep trying to use this, and by this logic we could claim the same with ourselves.

If " only we'd taken our chances " we'd probably have 20 more points in the last 10 - 15 etc .

A part of football is taking chances ffs.

It was a good, solid performance regardless of how people want to catapult hurdles around it.

We were as much responsible for them not " taking their chances " as them not taking them.

Also, whenever people say " I was there " , as admirable as it is, people actually get a better view of the game on TV than from a certain fixed angles IMO.

I'm not really convinced by SG at present but the pettiness is overshadowing peoples objectivity.

Deano would have been adulated for a similar result.

As a matter of fact he would have been adulated more for a loss if it " looked good " in spells.

Great post!