Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

11 hours ago, DeadlyDirk said:

New Aston Villa Manager. Scott Parker.

I'm writing this purely because I don't want it to happen, and I'm sure I'm not alone, and hopefully prophesising this means it won't ever happen. It's my worst nightmare at the moment.

You need to put money on it to more or less guarantee it won’t happen. A grand should do it. While you’re at it stick another grand on Southgate getting the job. Expensive but you’ll earn the gratitude of Villa fans all over the world and you can’t put a cash value on that. Go on take one for the team. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, bose said:

Presumably you are talking about Buendia, Ings and Bailey? Smith was given what 4-5 months after signing those players. Other signings like Martinez, Cash, Watkins for example have on the whole been good signings for us even though their form has taken a big dip along with most of our other players. Traore played a big part in our second Prem season. El Ghazi as well but probably not enough quality for where we thought we were aiming as a club.
Where was this noise when Gerrard was appointed? Was the general consensus that we needed a complete squad overhaul? No it wasn’t.

The bar has been lowered with continuing decline in our form and now suddenly it’s unlikely that anyone else could even do a better job? Sorry but that is laughable.

If this is in fact the thinking from the owners what are we waiting for? Another transfer window or two? That’s when we will suddenly improve with Gerrard still at the helm?

When you hear hoofbeats don’t go looking for zebras, think horses. Gerrard will not magically improve us after having us in a decline for the best part of his tenure here.

I've been down this road. I'd give up now.

Even more evidence will present itself over the next few months. As factual and foolproof as night follows day. It will be denied. Nonsense will be produced because a path of defence has been started.

Gerrard is not Dean Smith, so he is the Messiah.

**** tragic.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

First thing Pochettino would do is have us running more and we’d no longer be towards the bottom of that particular table. 

It'll be the classic when a new manager comes in.

"These lot aren't fit enough"

They all say it.

• Like 2

Everton managed to get Ancelotti when they were as much if not more of a basket case than us.  They had to throw a lot of money at him but he still signed up. But as with him, the danger if we did get someone like Poch or Tuchel is that if one of the bigger, richer CL teams comes calling they might be off like a shot.

9 hours ago, Vancvillan said:

Ah, yeah - the same Pochettino who bought in one player during his first transfer window at Espanyol, had two days of training with the team and got a 0-0 with Barca in his first match. He topped that later in the season, beating them at their patch and dragging Espanyol from third from bottom up to comfortably mid-table.

The same guy who again bought in one player in his first window at newly promoted Southampton and took them from 15th to 8th, with their best points haul in 20 years.

The same manager who at Spurs bought Harry Kane into the first team as a starting striker, along with youth prospects like Eric Dier and Dele Ali.

I could go on, but the idea that Poch wouldn't be able to do better than SG with this squad defies his record.  And sure, he will want money to spend but he has a decent enough track record, and is known for promoting promising youth.

If no quality candidates are interested right now then I can understand the idea of giving SG more time, but that'd only be if he was the least bad option - and (assuming they were keen) Poch and Tuchel are demonstrably better.  Suggesting otherwise is blind faith.

image.jpeg.74ea6089bf2295dea73e0d0637134237.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Surely Poch could get a better job in terms of a club playing CL football ?  Villa is a superb job in its own right with the potential and infrastructure of the club , but just cannot see him coming to Villa .

If he hold out he'll be on the shortlist for the Real Madrid job when Ancelotti retires.

3 hours ago, grobs said:

Just watched Ben Fosters podcast with Dyche. Deffo worth a listen if any of you have a spare hour. Not saying he should be next manager but what a great bloke. 

I find Ben Foster a bit too cringey to watch those in full, but I do like Dyche.

2 hours ago, JPJCB said:

image.jpeg.74ea6089bf2295dea73e0d0637134237.jpeg

Kane started 8 games under Sherwood that season, finishing maybe 4 of those matches.  The next season under Poch he started 37 games. Sherwood gave him a chance (which he took), but Poch made him a regular starter (which is what I said in my post).

Thankfully Tactics Tim isn't in the running.

Poch definitely has pedigree when it comes to putting faith in a young striker who has proven his worth on loan while more established players aren't delivering, which sounds somewhat familiar...

3 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Surely Poch could get a better job in terms of a club playing CL football ?  Villa is a superb job in its own right with the potential and infrastructure of the club , but just cannot see him coming to Villa .

He lives in London and the rumours are that he wants a Premier League job so he can stay living in the UK/London.

no need to worry about Poch coming here bois, neither him, or any other top coach would be interested now we are officially on the "self-sustaining" programme.

No big spunking of fee's it seems in the future, unless funded by sales.

Someone like Poch aint gonna fancy that imo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

no need to worry about Poch coming here bois, neither him, or any other top coach would be interested now we are officially on the "self-sustaining" programme.

No big spunking of fee's it seems in the future, unless funded by sales.

Someone like Poch aint gonna fancy that imo.

Yep, the Poch and Tuchel talk can be put to bed. Only way to attract them is with the promise of a large transfer budget, and since that isn’t happening, we’ll be in the Dyche range when looking for a new manager