Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

49 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

If we get Pochettino it’ll be one of the most momentous days in the history of our great club.

I remember the last most momentous day, the day we signed Coutinho. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

I think we have a realistic chance of appointing Poch. If we don’t appoint him or someone on a similar level and end up with someone uninspiring like Sean Dyche in a few months time, then Purslow needs to be asked why?

I personally no longer think that we’re a well run, ambitious club on an upward trajectory. Purslow sacked Dean for not progressing and yet we are now regressing. I expect him to either resign or be sacked on the same basis. 

i've a horrible feeling that the owners are going to lower expectations and reduce funding. they're intelligent guys, they're not going to keep throwing good money at the problem when it's easier to just let the club tick over and flog it if a suitable offer comes in

right now, there are 2 upgrades on the current manager in tuchel and poch. i bet one of them ends up at leicester in a few weeks and the other to some european team

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

i've a horrible feeling that the owners are going to lower expectations and reduce funding. they're intelligent guys, they're not going to keep throwing good money at the problem when it's easier to just let the club tick over and flog it if a suitable offer comes in

right now, there are 2 upgrades on the current manager in tuchel and poch. i bet one of them ends up at leicester in a few weeks and the other to some european team

I think neither will end up at Leicester. New owners tightened the belt, the father I think who died in the helicopter crash was the one who loved the club 

3 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

To our current manager, there are literally hundreds of potential upgrades ….

There are a number of options I would be happy with actually. Really hope some people at the club keep a carefully considered list of candidates.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

If we get Pochettino it’ll be one of the most momentous days in the history of our great club.

It will be as exciting as when O'Neill turned up (before we slowly realised he was a one dimensional control freak).

Proper big name manager who has achieved stuff with clubs in similar positions to us when he turned up and he also dosen't need to spend 100m every season on ready made players either.

NSWE will certainly be up for that type of appointment so they need to break into Purslow's chateau, rip that Gerrard poster off his bedroom wall and knock some sense into him before another club tries it's luck and gets him.

Think it's good news if he's not interested in a job like Nice, shows he wants to come back to premier league I think.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

I know you mentioned it’s the sun but one or two other journalists have linked him/ suggested him for the Villa job.

Mt brother knows a couple of ‘intermediaries’ and they all leak stuff to the press so it might not be as much ‘a pinch of salt’ as it initially seems.

Yeah he's clearly had a few months break after failed PSG project and now rested he wants another crack in premier league so his agent/PR team starts drip feeding stuff into the press to get clubs interested.

They might have pitched themselves to Chelsea the other week so would've been a bit of a shock to him being overlooked for Graham Potter.

Just don't want us to endlessly waste time waiting for Gerrard to do anything and see someone like Newcastle out of nowhere sack Howe and go for Poch as he wouldn't be turning down that job if offered.

I could see Leeds turning us over, scraping a point and then losing to Chelsea so in that scenario Gerrard is gone as it would be 8 points from 10 games and us probably back in bottom 3 so things could very easily nosedive especially losing Kamara.

• Like 1

Ambitious means going out and getting a top manager. We’ve seldom been in a position to go and acquire one, they’re few and far inbetween out there but to really kick on we need to show that ruthless streak and go out and get a Poch, whatever it costs; to re-invigorate the fanbase and playing squad because we’ve been watching month after month of drab performances, a side playing well below the standard of the potential our playing squad is capable of. The next 2 games will be Gerrard’s last imo unless he somehow stumbles across some much improved performances and results. I fear other clubs will act before we do though and we’ll miss the boat.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tomav84 said:

No intelligent PL owner ever really expects to make big money. If that’s the motivation then they’re not intelligent. I think NSWE always intended to make the club sustainable and successful, otherwise there’s not much point. For these guys there are far better businesses to invest their money in. The fact that their wealth has continued to grow during the period of their ownership of AVFC, proves they’re not stupid. 

Most owners have a motivation other than sensible business. The Arabs are sport washing, Abromavich wanted  to stay high profile enough to not be bumped off by the Russian mafia. I don’t know what the ultimate aim of NSWE is but I don’t think it’s a quick buck. 

26 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

No way Pochettino comes to Villa unless we lose the next two or three.

I think Gerrard will get it together and win a few and draw a few over the next six and that will be good enough.

yeah this is what i think too. he'll always do "just enough"

but he'll never take us to where we want to go and we'll miss out on potential managers who could in the meantime

56 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

yeah this is what i think too. he'll always do "just enough"

but he'll never take us to where we want to go and we'll miss out on potential managers who could in the meantime

We'll probably miss out on him unless we act now.  The rumours of him going to Nice turned out to be bollox but other jobs in England, Spain and Italy will come up in next few months.

On 19/09/2022 at 19:17, VillaParkAvenue said:

Depending on the situation at other clubs when SG is sacked, I expect Purslow’s list to be something like: Rodgers - Southgate - Moyes - Lampard - Rooney - Dyche - Wilder - Hughton.

Lange’s list: Hjulmand, Tomasson.

Southgate would be my absolute worst nightmare. Forgot how he left us - just everything about him as a manager, would hate it. He'd suck the life out of us even more.

9 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Southgate would be my absolute worst nightmare. Forgot how he left us - just everything about him as a manager, would hate it. He'd suck the life out of us even more.

I'd rather just keep Gerrard than have Southgate.  I don't think he'd come here anyway, he hates us.

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

No way Pochettino comes to Villa unless we lose the next two or three.

I think Gerrard will get it together and win a few and draw a few over the next six and that will be good enough.

How would that be deemed good enough, if the aim was Europe? 

• Thanks 1