Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

I have watched Villa go through 22 managers in my time supporting the club.

First match Vic crow was the manager and now its Steven gerrard.

He has to be sacked now..the 15.5m in extra shares yesterday just rubber stamped his p45 for me.

Not sure if we can get poch if i am honest, Thomas frank would  be another gamble and Emery is quite a good shout if not a tad temperamental

Look on the bright side..we can only go up from here.UTV!

A new coach would revitalise these players and give them back some belief in themselves also.,

Edited by OLDVILLAIN

5 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

I have watched Villa go through 22 managers in my time supporting the club.

First match Vic crow was the manager and now its Steven gerrard.

He has to be sacked now..the 15.5m in extra shares yesterday just rubber stamped his p45 for me.

Not sure if we can get poch if i am honest, Thomas frank would  be another gamble and Emery is quite a good shout if not a tad temperamental

Look on the bright side..we can only go up from here.UTV!

A new coach would revitalise these players and give them back some belief in themselves also.,

Dean Jones to the rescue. Lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

why spend?....he can coach this team, can't he?

You've been saying (repeatedly) that you thought we should have bought more players in the summer.

Are you now saying you're ok with a better manager but only if he isn't allowed to spend money? Of course Poch or any new manager will want to bring in new players - especially when we don't have any wingers because...

You can't just write a Haiku and throw logic out of the window.

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Fair play.

So i take we actually reckon Anwar and Trez would be the difference makers we need to push on to where we wanted to be, regardless of Manager?

No but the lengths of destruction that we've gone through to accommodate a clueless manager is shocking.... 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

I agree have enough forwards. We don’t play with width that was what I was getting at, Bernado Silva, Foden , Grealish at city aren’t wingers yes they huge the touchline and stretch the pitch.

Exactly. Pochettino didn’t play with wingers at Spurs either. Son would cut in on the left and Eriksen would drop into midfield.

image.thumb.png.41a81a97ed0369b2b2a2cfd6e75b5d97.png

• Like 1

I’m probably setting myself up for disappointment hoping we get Poch. But a quick search online and it appears his two long time assistant coaches Miguel d’Agostino and Jesús Pérez are both available. They’ve been with him since Espanyol.

58 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I’m probably setting myself up for disappointment hoping we get Poch. But a quick search online and it appears his two long time assistant coaches Miguel d’Agostino and Jesús Pérez are both available. They’ve been with him since Espanyol.

If we do get him, his assistants are bound to retire or leave after six months… they always do when it’s us..

7 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Yes I'm getting to that point.  If it was a genuine option I'd have thought it would be done by now.

Sadly I don’t think it’s a genuine option because Purslow isn’t even thinking about replacing Gerrard because us rocketing up the league is just around the corner.

• Like 2