Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

Just now, Indigo said:

Frank wouldn't be my first choice by any stretch, and I'm always wary of taking a piece out of a wider, structured club like Brentford and assuming the success can be replicated, but he's done an impressive job with them all the same. Almost got them promoted automatically ahead of serial yo-yo clubs like Watford and Norwich, did so anyway via the play-offs and comfortably kept them in the Premier League, which right now it looks like will happen again. With much of the same squad he had in the Championship as well.

I also rate the versatility he's shown in his coaching with them. They were always seen as a good footballing side that liked to keep possession etc, and since promotion through necessity he's moulded them into a more pragmatic, direct side in order to compete at a higher level, which they've managed to do quite seamlessly.

This would be my concern with Frank as well.  Brentford are set up to replace a manger without too much disruption.  It may not work out as well at a different club.  In saying that, i'd take him over Gerrard all the same.

26 minutes ago, lexicon said:

How does that make you worried? He's doing more than our manager with quite a bit less.

He's not my first choice, but he's a much better option than Gerrard. 

A month old cabbage is better than Gerrard, Sam Allardyce is better than Gerrard. 

I don't want better than Gerrard as that's just a given, i want someone with 5-10 years of proof at being able to manage at a consistent level.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, duke313 said:

This would be my concern with Frank as well.  Brentford are set up to replace a manger without too much disruption.  It may not work out as well at a different club.  In saying that, i'd take him over Gerrard all the same.

We went through this last time with Smith and worries were alleviated. Brentford don't hire fools. 

5 minutes ago, ender4 said:

A month old cabbage is better than Gerrard, Sam Allardyce is better than Gerrard. 

I don't want better than Gerrard as that's just a given, i want someone with 5-10 years of proof at being able to manage at a consistent level.

Yes, ideally I'd like that level of experience too. It really depends on what our options are.

54 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Ok, that solidifies my worries. Let's please not hire someone based on 11 matches.

What's he done over the past 10 years? Not a trick question, i'd never heard of him until very recently.

Finished above us last season in a 38 game season as a newly promoted side too, so there's that.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Condimentalist said:

If he could bring Ivan Toney as well that would be excellent. 

I want Poch, but would be happy with Frank too. 

Two wins and we could be above them by Sunday night. ;) Like others, I'm not sure about Frank either.... image.jpeg.39fcc22a81369d685e3f1f465ec23ade.jpeg

• Haha 1

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Frank qont leave Brentford, but even if he did he's just another Smith still learning his trade, not for me thanks, I'd rather take Rodgers. 

I'll pass on Rodgers, he blamed 15°C heat for his side's lacklustre performance last weekend. Frank seems a stronger character to me.

• Like 1