Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

17 minutes ago, Zero7 said:

Can see us losing to Wolves once they get Beale 🤣

We’d lose to Wolves if they still had that caretaker in charge

Aston Villa and Poch makes so much sense, there’s mutual unfulfilled potential that would benefit both. Imagine the arm round the shoulder approach that would bring so much more out the likes of Watkins & Buendia not to mention us actually getting some return out of the academy prospects. Really hope we get some good news on this front ASAP

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He announced Kamara signing way before anyone else.

He called the Sarr deal being off before anyone else.

He credited us with interest in Pchettino months ago.

He called the owners not being at VP even when other news outlets were adamant they would be

He called Leon Bailey starting.

As I've said, if he's a bullshitter, he's done an incredible job so far.

He definitely has some info.

However, like with all speculation, transfers etc, things can change in an instantim hoping he's behind the curve on this one.

Being right about some things doesn't mean he's not bullshitting about others. In fact, a good bullshitter will use that to their advantage. Mix the truth with the B.S., nobody will be able to tell them apart 

4a5001b7beea096457f480c8808572428b-09-ro

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Actually that seems pretty sensible.  The world cup starts in November.  That's the point when a lot of managers will move around, almost like a summer break.  

It gives a new manager 6 full weeks to be with the squad before his first game.  Every manager would prefer that to coming into a club where the next game is 4 days away.

True but would a manager really refuse a job for the sack of 2 games which are pretty much free hits for him? Wouldn’t really want the job that badly.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Being right about some things doesn't mean he's not bullshitting about others. In fact, a good bullshitter will use that to their advantage. Mix the truth with the B.S., nobody will be able to tell them apart 

Very true, don't like the fact that he's begin to get.a bit cocky either . Lol

I'm one of those who loves the speculation and entertainment though so.

I had a mad thought that, imagine if this was some sort of " informal " stealth account the club are using to update people without being " official ". Lol

For example, they couldn't come out and claim we are looking for a Manager while this one is still here etc.

Possibly far fetched but I also love a good conspiracy!

Either way, bare inind that's things can always change in an instant.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Has he got anything wrong thus far? Genuinely asking.

Just now, DCJonah said:

Why wouldn't you pay it though

That's the equivalent of buying a nakamba every summer. 

What's going to have more impact?

I think I read that wages and fee that Sanson has cost us 1 million a game

10 million is peanuts in crazy football world

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Why wouldn't you pay it though

That's the equivalent of buying a nakamba every summer. 

What's going to have more impact?

Oh yes, i'd easily pay it.  I'd pay £20m to get him and forsake our next £20m player signing.  

I'd kick Gerrard in the nuts and throw custard pies at his wife to get Poch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10m/year is absolutely worth it. Gerrard makes 60% of that, plus we had to pay compensation for his services.

Ask Spurs how paying a proven elite coach a lot of money is working out for them. Just finishing 4th last season paid his salary for that year many times over.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

10m/year is absolutely worth it. Gerrard makes 60% of that, plus we had to pay compensation for his services.

Ask Spurs how paying a proven elite coach a lot of money is working out for them. Just finishing 4th last season paid his salary for that year many times over.

Between that article and Lyric, i'm assuming we did offer £10m but still got turned down.

In a world where a kid who's hardly kicked a ball in the first team can ask for £20k a week, £10m a year for a coach who can get us challenging for european football is a total no-brainer.

Edited by romavillan
  • Like 4