Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

38 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

You just love to argue for the sake of it! Nobody is saying that it’s good enough. In fact I clearly say that it’s not good enough. The job of the board is to minimise the disruption until the best possible appointment can be made. It’s not their job to sack someone just to appease the fans when there’s no suitable following plan. Patience is required otherwise you end up having to go through the process again in a year’s time.

No I just argue when there is a comment to disagree with and I feel like responding.  Did I say sack him without a plan? No.  Did I say sack to appease the fans? Again No!  Just your argument wasn’t leading towards that so deserved the response I gave.

50 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

I’ve always believed the manager head coach should be Paid more than the players. I’d be happy if they made him joint 3rd highest paid after Klopp and Pep.

As others have said £15m a year will seem like a pittance if he gets us to Europe and then CL in a few seasons. 

Only very recently did I learn that Diego Simeone is raking in at least 30m euro/year. Bonkers.

9 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Its Poch or Tuchel then. Good news! Seriously i would also be delighted with Emery. I would be very underwhelmed with Frank.

Franks a risk ciggie i wouldnt wnat him.

I think emery is less of a risk as he is very experienced and been here in England. If we cant get him poch or emermy another name  i like is mancini

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

£6m a year for this FFS. Football nepotism needs to die a swift death.

Sadly it'll only be reinforced. Gerrard strolls into Sky/Bein/ITV/NBC.

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think emery is less of a risk as he is very experienced and been here in England. If we cant get him poch or emermy another name  i like is mancini

Mancini is a name I haven't heard floated yet. He'd be entertaining that much is for sure.

Edited by ccfcman
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, WHY said:

Think fans are going to be disappointed if they think we will get Poch. He would already be manager imo if he wanted the job!

Purslow was always going to be in Gerrard's corner and give him as much time as possible. Furthermore, to land someone like Poch would probably take a lengthy period of convincing and negotiation, so I don't think what you say is true. Purslow probably hasn't even contemplated sacking Gerrard and it'll probably take NSWE stepping in for it happen.

Mancini is a great shout imo. Whether gettable or not my shortlist would be Poch, Mancini, Tuchel, Emery, Mourinho. 2 years from anyone of these imo, gets us in and around Europe and then it's down to the owners to show the ambition necessary to step up another level. 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

would have to bring his orchestra.

On 06/08/2022 at 17:22, regular_john said:

I am really not a fan of Gerrard but, even for me, this is a bit much after one game!

this is the place for you......Its 9 now, soon to be 10, so you're ok.😆

Edited by TRO

3 hours ago, ender4 said:

My order of preference:

Poch

Emery

Frank (not the one at Everton)

A cabbage

Lis Truss' lettuce nemesis

Dwight Yorke and Agbonlahor dream team

Keep Gerrard

or the one that makes you "Over the Moon" oh he's dead, isn't he?

1 hour ago, WHY said:

Think fans are going to be disappointed if they think we will get Poch. He would already be manager imo if he wanted the job!

This is just not true, overly simplistic view of it.