Pre match

Demitri_C

What I would prob go with. 4-3-3

....................Martinez...................

Cash........Konsa.....Mings....Young

...................Nakamba.......................

.................Luiz.....Ramsey............

Buendia...............Watkins........Coutinho

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

What I would prob go with. 4-3-3

....................Martinez...................

Cash........Konsa.....Mings....Young

...................Nakamba.......................

.................Luiz.....Ramsey............

Buendia...............Watkins........Coutinho

He’s dropping Ramsey aswell apparently.

13 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Who the hell is going to be match fit enough to play in midfield if we drop both McGinn and Ramsey? Sanson and Nakamba havent had a minute all season have they? 

Luiz is available so fair bit he'll be the six, Dendoncker will get start as the box to box player and I assume Buendia will come in as the 10.

At least it's something slightly different. 

Amusing reading one of the article's summarizing Gerrard's departures saying some players would get massive rollicking's after the match.....and then they'd just get picked next game regardless. 

Newcastle away into Watford at home last season a clear example.

• Like 1

With Luiz no longer banned and if we believe the Telegraph leak, then could we being seeing the team below? 

Martinez

Cash          Konsa                Mings             Young

Dendoncker              Luiz 

Bailey                     Buendia                   Coutinho

Watkins

Would love to see Archer start in the Watkins role but just can’t see it being tomorrow.  It’s brave from Danks though if the do line up like this.  

1 hour ago, IrishVilla10 said:

I’m happy McGinns been dropped, but this isn’t the way to go about improving the feel good factor. Leaks shouldn’t happen 

If we've purposefully released it but not via official channels (because we don't have to and why would we) then is it actually a leak?

The reason as to why we chose to release it is the interesting thing, there's an angle to it that's hard to see without knowing who spoke to them

Harsh on mcginn as him being captain and playing every week will come to signify Gerrards reign but at the same time he needs taking out of the firing line for his own good, it's more than a bit snide if we have released it but good for the club and the player

So I can go to Villa Park tomorrow with some actual hope we will play football and have midfielders that can receive the ball and actual pass it, instead of 

a) Turn and hook it on 70 yards.

b)Head down and run to the flag 

Like, literally recieve the ball, control it, and pass it on to a Villa shirt. Then get in a position to recieve it again and pass it on again in succession.

I'm going to have a blast.

2 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

Who the hell is going to be match fit enough to play in midfield if we drop both McGinn and Ramsey? Sanson and Nakamba havent had a minute all season have they? 

McGinn hasn’t looked match fit all season to be fair and he has probably played the most minutes. Ramsey is a strange one he has been poor too this season but who hasn’t really, no harm taking him out the firing line for a bit though I guess.

2 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Could well have been intentionally leaked to try and improve the feel good factor around the club. You only have to look at the positive reaction its given people towards Danks, to know that its not going to be seen as a bad thing for him to be dropped.

Club can easily just say its not rocket science and someone made a lucky guess, but reap the benefits of the fans knowing that Gerrard's system has died a complete death with him gone.

Why on earth would leaking the team sheet lead to a feel good factor? 

I agree McGinn has been below par and could have been dropped earlier (although I’m not convinced Dendonker, Nakamba or Sanson are better and Kamara is injured) but fans almost cheering because he’s been dropped is just crass  

1 hour ago, IrishVilla10 said:

So interested in the line up tomorrow. Would be great to see Sanson involved 

curious about this rumour McGinn and Ramsey getting dropped

Will it be Nakamba, Dendoncker and Luiz in midfield.........That thought scares me

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

curious about this rumour McGinn and Ramsey getting dropped

Will it be Nakamba, Dendoncker and Luiz in midfield.........That thought scares me

Sanson and Luiz as 8s.

Nakamba or Dendoncker holding.

Or Luiz and Nakamba/Dendoncker holding, then four of Buendia/Coutinho/Bailey/Ings/Watkins.

• Like 1