Pre match

Demitri_C

What we need is 3 players that have been ostracised by Slippy with fire in their belly and a point to prove. I’d start with nakamaba, chambers and Samson. 

id take players out who were gifted Stettin g places despite their poor form namely McGinn konsa and Ramsey. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, chrisvilla4 said:

Morning all. Taking my son to his first match today. Very excited. Does anyone know what time the players tend to arrive before k.o.? I think he's hoping for some photo's etc. Cheers.

Oh, and 2-1 Villa BTW!

I’ve never actually waited for them but I think it’s about 90mins before kick off… 

Nice one mate, hope your son loves it! How old is he? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I’ve never actually waited for them but I think it’s about 90mins before kick off… 

Nice one mate, hope your son loves it! How old is he? 

Cheers mate, will see what the weather is like and then decide! 

He's 11, football crazy! I'm hoping there's a good atmosphere today and he's hooked! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chrisvilla4 said:

Cheers mate, will see what the weather is like and then decide! 

He's 11, football crazy! I'm hoping there's a good atmosphere today and he's hooked! 

Ah brilliant, he’ll love it! I bet there will be a good atmosphere today. I remember going as a kid and having chips and coke, I wasn’t even bothered if we won!! 😆 
My son is 4 so I’m going to wait a few more years, at the moment he’s not bothered about football… fingers crossed I can (brainwash) convince him! 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, chrisvilla4 said:

Morning all. Taking my son to his first match today. Very excited. Does anyone know what time the players tend to arrive before k.o.? I think he's hoping for some photo's etc. Cheers.

Oh, and 2-1 Villa BTW!

Morning,

I’m sure when Smith was in charge the players arrived 4 hours before kick off. I went a few times for Autographs, I think they have a meeting and pre match meal all together.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Brentford haven't won an away game yet this season....

We know what this usually means 🙃

Have any of their strikers not scored for 8 months? Off to the bookies. 

• Like 1

The one advantage we have in this game is that no one knows how the f**k we are going to set up for this one. Not Frank, not the villa fans, and until about 12.30, probably not the players. Element of surprise innit.

I worry about Danks maybe being a bit too eager to please the fans. If he goes with a completely new setup, new formation and starts a number of players who haven’t played for months, some will see it as a middle finger to SG. But it also sounds like a recipe for losing, and we really could use a win today.

Think we’ll see a 4231, now that we’re not restricted to Gerrardball.

Martinez
Cash Chambers Mings Young
                   Luiz Donk
      Buendia Coutinho Bailey
                    Watkins

Think we’ll see significant game time from Sanson and Archer too