Pre match

Demitri_C

Looking forward to this on Sunday few early beers in town then off to one of my favourite stadiums where I’d take a draw now.Difficult to call as we are over performing with key players still missing and Villa under performing with some superb players.

At least he has Dougie available. I think he needs to shut off the middle and play Dendoncker or Iroegbunam and Luiz together.

Have Sanson as the driving force from the middle and then play Archer from the start. Buendia in his Norwich position on the right and then I don’t give a shit who else plays. 

19 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

At least he has Dougie available. I think he needs to shut off the middle and play Dendoncker or Iroegbunam and Luiz together.

Have Sanson as the driving force from the middle and then play Archer from the start. Buendia in his Norwich position on the right and then I don’t give a shit who else plays. 

Might struggle with that one

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Luiz and Donk in front of defence.

Buendia starts.

Enjoy the win Danko.

Would be hilarious if he did play 4-2-3-1 and we did win considering largely every Villa fan thinks it's the best formation for the players we have. Yet Stevie couldn't see it.

Edited by PieFacE

4 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Would be hilarious if he did play 4-2-3-1 and we did win considering largely every Villa fan thinks it's the best formation for the players we have. Yet Stevie couldn't see it.

It would immediately be something different and fairly easily implemented.

3421 would be best with the wingless squad we've ended up with. That's a tough one to jump to immediately when we've largely played a back 4 for the last few years.

2 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

Anybody know enough about Danks to take a guess what he'll do?   Will he be likely to try a "same basic lineup and formation but try harder "approach?   (that would be worst possible IMO)  will he try 442, 451 instead?  Drop McGinn.  Dougie is unavailable, so what will he do to shore up a the defensive side of mid?  Any informed guesses our there.  I know some things I would try (Nakamba and Donker in the DCM post)  with two wide and Ollie and Archer up front)  but what i would try means nothing (i'de also be quick to change if it was a disaster)

Starting Sanson, Guilbert, Nakamba, Chambers and Archer would give him points from fans but could backfire. Are they even match fit?

6 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

Anybody know enough about Danks to take a guess what he'll do?   Will he be likely to try a "same basic lineup and formation but try harder "approach?   (that would be worst possible IMO)  will he try 442, 451 instead?  Drop McGinn.  Dougie is unavailable, so what will he do to shore up a the defensive side of mid?  Any informed guesses our there.  I know some things I would try (Nakamba and Donker in the DCM post)  with two wide and Ollie and Archer up front)  but what i would try means nothing (i'de also be quick to change if it was a disaster)

I know, really bad form to quote myself.  But Luiz red was overturned so.  I would play him.  But not in DCM.  I have always thought he should be played farther forward.  The top a diamond ideally.  But no idea how to do that with two DCM which I think we need.

5 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Well yeah I’d definitely start the good players, that part is for sure

It was difficult to be as bad as we were.

If you don't select on performance, you demotivate everyone. So easy.