Pre match

Demitri_C

53 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Brentford haven't won an away game yet this season....

We know what this usually means 🙃

Fulham hadn't kept a clean sheet this season. Fulham hadn't won a Prem game by 3 goals in over 9 years.

Brentford win guaranteed

• Like 2

Martinez

Cash - Chambers - Mings - Young

Luiz - Sanson/Benbonker

Buendia - McGinn - Bailey

Archer

Edited by Follyfoot

51 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Brentford haven't won an away game yet this season....

We know what this usually means

46 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Have any of their strikers not scored for 8 months

Brentford have a hoodoo over us as well! We haven't beaten them in our last 8 meetings!

Well, the rain has stopped and the forecast is for it to be mostly dry for the rest of the day. Journeys might be unpleasant, but at least we won't get soaked in the ground.

I'm not at all confident for this one - we've got a skeleton staff and a demotivated team, a new system might help, but I don't see a bounce until there's a new permanent manager and a plan that the team (and the club) can get behind.

Just now, Follyfoot said:

Martinez

Cash - Chambers - Mings - Young

Luiz - Sanson

Buendia - McGinn - Bailey

Archer

No, he needs to be dropped, rather see Doris the Tea lady playing there, probably offer more, than he has all season 🤣

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Well, the rain has stopped and the forecast is for it to be mostly dry for the rest of the day. Journeys might be unpleasant, but at least we won't get soaked in the ground.

I'm not at all confident for this one - we've got a skeleton staff and a demotivated team, a new system might help, but I don't see a bounce until there's a new permanent manager and a plan that the team (and the club) can get behind.

A new system would be good but Danks has had what, 24 hours? Making huge changes doesn’t sound wise.

On the plus side, the fans should be supportive today.

6 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

A new system would be good but Danks has had what, 24 hours? Making huge changes doesn’t sound wise.

On the plus side, the fans should be supportive today.

The flip side is that dropping players who are woefully out of form for players that will be keen to impress would be wise. 

5 minutes ago, av1 said:

The flip side is that dropping players who are woefully out of form for players that will be keen to impress would be wise. 

Maybe. My guess is every player will be keen to impress after the Gerrard experiment. Don’t believe there are many Gerrard loyalists in the squad.

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Why would we make it public that mcginn a nd JJ would be dropped? This makes little sense to me might as well share the tactics then too on that basis

Yeah, just double checking and it's on Google, an article from The Boot Room. No doubt on our banned list 😁

Brentford a very direct side. We'll have to be up for a battle today.

Mings crucial, but he needs help. If he loses headers, it can't be no one else recovers the ball. We could do with Emi going back in time and catching a load of crosses as well.

The new fangled "high press" will be exposed if they just play long and pick up second balls. Wouldn't be worst thing if we copied them and just made sure we don't get opened up like a tin of beans.

As usual, Watkins very important today as well. We need him to bring his running shoes with him and win us some ball that he has no right to. Finishing the odd chance would be welcome as well.