Pre match

Demitri_C

Danks in charge then with a smattering of youth team coaches.

Usually when a caretaker steps in for a game it's a free hit in a way, whereas this is one where we could really use the points, having gotten rid of pretty much the entirety of the first team coaching squad, this is big step up for Danks.

He's a Brummie and has a lot of experience in coaching, but seemingly in quite specific technical areas, this is a big change for him in what he's being expected to deliver. I wonder if Austin McPhee is currently our assistant manager.

There's an U21 game this evening, I'm guessing those coaches will also be on the sideline on Sunday.

It'll be ramshackle, and given our current position in the table, it'll be important.

Deep breaths and crossed fingers.

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

Danks in charge then with a smattering of youth team coaches.

Usually when a caretaker steps in for a game it's a free hit in a way, whereas this is one where we could really use the points, having gotten rid of pretty much the entirety of the first team coaching squad, this is big step up for Danks.

He's a Brummie and has a lot of experience in coaching, but seemingly in quite specific technical areas, this is a big change for him in what he's being expected to deliver. I wonder if Austin McPhee is currently our assistant manager.

There's an U21 game this evening, I'm guessing those coaches will also be on the sideline on Sunday.

It'll be ramshackle, and given our current position in the table, it'll be important.

Deep breaths and crossed fingers.

The U21s have really struggled recently, they've been on the wrong end of some damn good thrashings. :s

Let’s not dwell on the past and let’s look forward. Just a solid 90 minute performance and a clear plan on how to beat the opposition would be nice. No more magic moment nonsense please. 

Martinez

Cash             Konsa        Mings           Young

Dendoncker

McGinn          Ramsey 

Buendia               Archer              Watkins 

Subs: Olsen, Bogarde, Bednarek, Chambers, Nakamba, Sanson, Coutinho, Bailey, Ings.

I just can’t see Nakamba or Sanson starting as they’ve had zero minutes and think it would be suicidal to start one or both here. Bring them off the bench and build up some minutes into them that way if we think they can offer something.  Let’s just see a change in attitude and show some fight and quality.   1-1  and something to build on  UTV.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Can see it now sunday afternoon the danks jokes.

"Danks team selection stank"

But if we win... Dank made me wa**

• Haha 1

In our excitement over the change of manager, can we please not forget that Ivan Toney is a complete prick who insisted on showing a Zulu Z sign last time he visited us.

I for one will be doing my part to make sure he knows he's a cock.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

In our excitement over the change of manager, can we please not forget that Ivan Toney is a complete prick who insisted on showing a Zulu Z sign last time he visited us.

I for one will be doing my part to make sure he knows he's a cock.

You just know he is going to score past us. Cant stand that muppet

Can't imagine Danks changing it up too much and he will recognize a point, no matter how dour it is, will be valuable. Don't expect a gung ho side. Seeing as how we have no idea who Danks will line up - I will pick the side I'd expect if you were playing a tough Brentford team with good spacing and danger on the counter. Brentford have either played a 352 or a 433. We need to clog the midfield and make them play around us. Fight and scramble and maybe we can get a point just out of effort.

Emi

Cash-Konsa-Mings-Young

Buendia-Dendocker-Nakamba-McGinn-JJ

Watkins

Ugly on paper but let's not fool ourselves into playing free flowing possession football. We need to make them go around and not through and fight through this one.

Edited by DJBOB

50 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

We never beat Brentford at home. Frank will show us what a properly managed club is like. 1-2 Brentford with us flapping about trying to bring in someone to fix this utter mess.

Don't underestimate your chances, With Gerrard gone that could be a bonus for you, He seemed to be going backwards with you, Plus we have 4 core players missing and have a poor away record so far this season, Anything could happen, Hold on to your hats!!!