Match Thread: Forest v Villa

limpid

2 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

45mins of the worst ref I’ve ever seen. He seems keen to piss everyone off! 

Seems completely random if you get a free kick or not. No logic to it whatsoever! 

This isn’t being spoken about enough. Terrible refereeing display.

Ollie runs but doesn't make runs. Emi and Phil have nobody to pick out on the rare occasion they get the ball in the final third, they just get swamped by 3-4 players while trying to keep the ball long enough for a Villa shirt to show for it.

• Like 2

They’re defending deep which is perfect against us as we’re lacking the confidence and guile to break them down and when we do forge a decent opportunity the final ball or shot let’s us down. It’s not that we’re playing badly per se, we’re controlling possession for large parts of matches but just not clicking up top. We need a better striker to tie it all together, too much just bounces off Watkins and I think the likes of Buendia and Coutinho are reluctant to give him the ball.

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Coutinho/Buendia/McGinn/Ramsey isn't working.

Problem is we don't really have options on the bench to fix that.

Maybe take off two of them and bring Chambers and a striker on?

I dunno.

I've come to the conclusion all four of them are shit. They really are.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Douglas Luiz is our midfield.

I'm not sure what McGinn and Ramsey are supposed to be doing, but they're definitely doing it very quietly.

Ramsey is basically playing as another 10, him, Coutinho and Buendia are popping up all over the place.

McGinn is not doing much

If you are a coach, you could take endless screenshots of our positions on the pitch of examples of what not to do

• Like 1

How does a manager with buendia, Phil luis, mcginn and Ramsey have do little quality. The movement is so poor it’s just people standing still. Why can’t one make an angle and have 2 players moving to take a lay off and get us moving between the lines.

so far this is more absolute shite as usual

Cash can't cross, Ollie can't stay onside, Ezri's throwing limbs, Emi's falling over, Coutinho's smacking set pieces into walls and Dougie's giving away stupid free kicks.

The only player with any credit is Ash. Mings can't do it all.