Pre match thread (El Sackico?)

mottaloo

Ideal situation is we play like crap (very good chance of that happening) but their keeper misses a last minute back pass allowing in an own goal to gift us the 0-1 win.

we pick up 3 points and Gerrard still packs his bags as he had no impact on the ‘positive’ result 😬😉

1 hour ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Think he will actually start buendia.

Martinez

Cash          Konsa            Mings            Young

Luiz

Ramsey         Mcginn

Buendia                            Coutinho

Watkins

Failure to win surely means the end of gerrard 🤞

I think this is what we will see - with a pic of Buendia on the front of the "tonight's team media page" - He will be MOTM, score and we will win 2-3. You heard it here first :)

I was of the mind that we would galavant to a comfortable win, I wasn't confident of us turning our form around long term with Gerrard, but at least in this game I thought we would win,  but I think Forest giving Cooper a new contract has put a different perspective on things, that's suddenly given everyone involved with Forest a lift and there's now a certain electricicy in the air amongst them, which if they seize and use it to their advantage might see them get a positive result against us, them giving him a new contract might have a similar affect to 'new manager' bounce.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Win tonight and into 9th place.

That actually wouldn’t be too shabby.

With the fixtures we have had i would have expected us to have similar amount of points to Brighton/Newcastle at this stage.

Then again maybe im expecting too much because Brighton and Newcastle actually have/had managers who know what the hell they are doing.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, useless said:

I was of the mind that we would galavant to a comfortable win, I wasn't confident of us turning our form around long term with Gerrard, but at least in this game I thought we would win,  but I think Forest giving Cooper a new contract has put a different perspective on things, that's suddenly given everyone involved with Forest a lift and there's now a certain electricicy in the air amongst them, which if they seize and use it to their advantage might see them get a positive result against us, them giving him a new contract might have a similar affect to 'new manager' bounce.

I think they correctly recognized that no manager is going to make 20-some new players gel immediately. Really, they're a more extreme version of what we were three years ago when we barely survived.

This is as much a game against their crowd as their football team. The Cooper contract plus a night game against us lot means that we will need to quieten the crowd. If they score early they will be all over us and the atmosphere will be mental .  Need to keep it tight the first 20 and try and get an early goal . 

5 minutes ago, a m ole said:

With Bailey not fit you’d assume so… I guess the big surprise is it’s not Watkins and Ings.

Ahh yeah, I’d forgotten about Bailey injury. It’ll be interesting what he does with Watkins and Ings. I’d love to see Archer at some point too

• Like 1