January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

On 29/11/2022 at 15:17, TRO said:

I would like us to sign a centre forward, with the ability to score headed goals.....someone like a young Oliver Giroud or a Edin Dzeko.

so many goals are scored from the air, set pieces and crosses and we seem to be scarce in that area.....and when goals change games, its a good position to fall back on....it adds to the roundedness of the team.

It seems to me many of the top teams are drifting back to the traditional centre forward and I think we should give it serious consideration.

Benzema, Kane, Giroud, Dzeko are just a few, who can change games from the air.....we had our days of Gray and Withe.....I think the fashion is drifting back. albeit slowly.

I was speaking to an Evertonian in a bar here in Malta earlier and we both said where are the big powerhouse centre forwards nowadays?!

He knows one of the physics at Goodison and was told that Yina is practically finished, and Calvert-Lewin is pretty much on that path. Also said he'd been told once the new ground is built the club will be put up for sale. Had alot of good things to say about Villa 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, MaVilla said:

isnt Thuram just the French improved version of Davis?

i dont mean "just", i just mean the better/French/exotic version of Davis.

Have you seen what Emery had done with underperforming players he signed at Villareal!? Lo celco who didn't rip the prem up for example. This man is a proper manager and coach. If he wants Thuram then f**k it I want Thuram!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

With Juventus imploding I wonder is there any chances of us feeding off the carcass? Chiesa would be the one I'd love for us, Vlahovic is probably the most unattainable option but Chiesa might be. He speaks English too which is a help.

I think any club would have to strike quick before the inevitable transfer embargo is imposed on them. Seems they've gone all in repeating the dodgy balance sheets that had them fined and demonted before but on a bigger scale now

On 29/11/2022 at 10:41, MaVilla said:

this.

we cant expect a 20 goal a season striker, unless all the starts align and some wizardry happens.

Realistically tho, as Delph says, we need a striker who can bag 10/12 - 15 goals, but that player also needs to be a well rounded player, fast, strong, good on the ball etc to help the wider play of the team.

Imo, wrongly or rightly, we have:

Ings - very good finisher, works fairly hard, good on the ball technically, good passer, but not a hold up type and pretty slow over any kind of distance.

Watkins - Excellent work rate, poor finisher overall, hold up play is passable, reasonably pacey but has the control and technique of a banjo.

I know it would cost, and probably unrealistic, but we need a player who is good in the key areas (finishing, pace, passing, technique, strength, hold up etc), would rather someone who is 7/10 in all those areas, than a 9/10 in one and 4 or 5/10 in the others.

Adam Hlozek is one to keep an eye on. Kids only 20 but is everything you’ve mentioned and still has tons of work left to do. He’s got a bright future.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, stewiek2 said:

Have you seen what Emery had done with underperforming players he signed at Villareal!? Lo celco who didn't rip the prem up for example. This man is a proper manager and coach. If he wants Thuram then f**k it I want Thuram!

not saying im against, him, i meant it as a kind of praise, as i think a player of Davis' attributes, who was actually a notch or two better, might actually be a grerat player for us.

9 hours ago, duke313 said:

Linked with Thuram, Muriqi and Tammy.  Looks like we are definitely in for a striker at the very least.

Muriqi was linked a few years back when at Lazio. Scoring at a decent rate for Mallorca but not sure on that, must be coming up to 30 so would make no sense with Ings still around.

I think Tammy will be back in premier league next season given he hasn't made world cup squad. Likes of Leicester and West Ham will be in for him so don't see why we can't have a decent chance if Emery decides he's worth it.

39 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Muriqi was linked a few years back when at Lazio. Scoring at a decent rate for Mallorca but not sure on that, must be coming up to 30 so would make no sense with Ings still around.

I think Tammy will be back in premier league next season given he hasn't made world cup squad. Likes of Leicester and West Ham will be in for him so don't see why we can't have a decent chance if Emery decides he's worth it.

Muriqi is 28 (29 next April).

Wouldnt want Tammy tbh.

Dont know enough about Thuram to make a comment tbh.

didn't realise, but Muriqi got 2 assists and scored a pen versus England, when England beat Kosovo 5-3 in the Euro 2020 qualifiers.

the second assist was very good.

Edited by MaVilla

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

didn't realise, but Muriqi got 2 assists and scored a pen versus England, when England beat Kosovo 5-3 in the Euro 2020 qualifiers.

the second assist was very good.

That's the game everyone went mad on Rashica wasn't it....:ph34r:🤣

• Haha 1

For once I'm not all that excited about recruitment for playing personnel. I think we've got a good if not great team at our disposal, and a manager and coach who can get them playing to the standards necessary so that we are where we want to be.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, A'Villan said:

For once I'm not all that excited about recruitment for playing personnel. I think we've got a good if not great team at our disposal, and a manager and coach who can get them playing to the standards necessary so that we are where we want to be.

Agree, I wouldn't be to bothered if we had a very very quiet window. We have a squad capable of finishing mid table if properly coached, save the rebuild for the summer, the January window is always hit and miss.

12 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

——————Abraham——————
Bailey——Coutinho——Chukwueze
————Luiz———Kamara————

I am excited to see what Emery can do with Coutihno to unlock his talent, but maybe Bailey on the right, Couthihno on the left and Buendia in the middle?

• Like 1