January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

30 minutes ago, nick76 said:

This is why we need to get our satellite clubs set up, and links with other clubs to get these players into the Villa machine so when ready we can bring them into our PL team.  The likes of the Las Vegas team will help once set up.

Spot on. All part of the strategic plan our owners have for growing “Aston Villa”.

It’s always interesting I find, when we’re not playing, to scout other competitions for players we might sign. 

So I’m watching Bristol Rovers - Boreham Wood in the FA Cup, but despite a very impressive effort from the unfavoured visitors to hold a 0-2 half time lead, I haven’t really found any suitable candidates. 

Shame there isn’t really a better quality level to watch instead. 

7 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

I’m no expert but isn’t it harder to get work permits unless they play for their national sides?

Funnily enough, the work permit points system changed with Brexit so that pretty much any player in the Brazilian Série A or the Argentine Primera División would have enough points to qualify for a WP especially if their club plays in one of the continental competitions. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

I’m no expert but isn’t it harder to get work permits unless they play for their national sides?

43 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

Funnily enough, the work permit points system changed with Brexit so that pretty much any player in the Brazilian Série A or the Argentine Primera División would have enough points to qualify for a WP especially if their club plays in one of the continental competitions. 

i think this list is still up to date for a "Brexit" work permit:

Copa Libertadores is Band 1, so basically the South American Champions League type thing, but includes the "top teams" from Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, Colombia, Paraguay, Chile, Ecuador etc.

Copa Sudamerica is Band 2, which i think is kinda like the South American version of the Europa League, covers the same countries etc.

So basically, if a team from any of the main South American countries is in one of those completions, which is basically all the decent teams, Band 1 is effectively a nailed on Work Permit, where as band 2 is highly likely, so really we should have complete access to almost all and any top talent playing in South America if we wanted it.

Probably how Brighton got Caicedo for 5m from Independiente in 2021 etc.....im amazed we havent made moves in the South American market tbh, we should be all over the South American talent.....

the new Brexit Work Permit requirements have made it much, much...much!! easier, to shop in the South American market.

image.thumb.png.2675fda9737958e45a74bc88aa3e2232.png

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, nick76 said:

This is why we need to get our satellite clubs set up, and links with other clubs to get these players into the Villa machine so when ready we can bring them into our PL team.  The likes of the Las Vegas team will help once set up.

Exactly. Brighton loaned Moise Caciedo abroad right after they signed him for about six months. Think Leicester have got a link with a second division Belgian team where they send young players on occasions, Chelsea had the link up with Vitesse Arnham for nearly 20 years so it does help even just to raise value for those who don't quite make the step up.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, burchy said:

Who’s that CB at Sheffield United, think he’s Serbian, Anel somebody, would he be an option as I think he was highly rated a year or so ago.

Anel Ahmedhodžić, he's Swedish but plays for Bosnia.

• Thanks 1

If people are thinking of getting rid of Mings because of his age then i wouldnt bother. He is 29/30 and has played as much football as a 26 year old. He is athletic and lean. He will keep on going for many many years. 

If we are replacing him i would say replace based on ability not age .

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

If people are thinking of getting rid of Mings because of his age then i wouldnt bother. He is 29/30 and has played as much football as a 26 year old. He is athletic and lean. He will keep on going for many many years. 

If we are replacing him i would say replace based on ability not age .

Agreed. Mings has another 2/3 years at peak level. In fact, he's probably in his peak right now. When he starts declining is anybody's guess, but the bloke is going to play until at least 35. Athletically, he is a monster. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Agreed. Mings has another 2/3 years at peak level. In fact, he's probably in his peak right now. When he starts declining is anybody's guess, but the bloke is going to play until at least 35. Athletically, he is a monster. 

29 in CB terms is 25 in winger terms. 

Plus, Mings has a body fat ratio of about 6%. Guys an absolute athlete. 

Unusual for the Express and Star but I was keen to have a look at their headline on Newsnow, 'Pau Torres backed to be big signing at Villa' only to see the font of nothing important, Alan Hutton, saying he thinks Torres would do well at Villa.  I never learn!  I guess it's a very quiet sporting news day. 

On 26/11/2022 at 16:18, PerryBarrPet said:

Leaving Carlos on the bench? I know he’s injured now but in the future leave him out in favour of Mings?

that was with our current team, which Carlos is injured. Now, you & I will not have an idea how quickly Carlos will recover / will he return at his peak, so we can't really answer that question. I would figure we would try and integrate all of them in a way

1 hour ago, rbcuk said:

We should be looking at fofana, only 19 will only get better

I'm so pissed off with Aston Villa. How we can let a talent like this go to Brighton without a fight! Lange OUT!

On 01/11/2022 at 17:16, messi11 said:

I'd go all out to sign David Datro Fofana. Would be cheap aswell. Huge Potential.
19 years of age. Plays for Molde. 15 goals + 6 Assists in 27 games. 

Scored this goal just this weekend

curb your enthusiasm gifs | WiffleGif